Kevan Barlow

KYBillsFan

Is anyone else perplexed by all of the "experts" who are ranking Barlow as a top 10 back? Aside from Tomlinson, I can't think of any RBs who excel on horrible teams. Am I missing something? Do any of you have him rated as a top 10 back?

Good question. I think a lot of the experts have him ranked so high based on a) he's the indisputable RB in SF with Hearst gone, and B) his 5.1 yds/carry avg.

He's got the talent to be a top 10 back, but like you, I agree that he's got a terrible offense that will struggle this year, and I don't see him having the year others are predicting.

For those who own him, the good news is he's sure to get the ball often.

He carried me to the Super Bowl in one of my FF leagues last year...I like him around the 14-16th pick in the draft

11853[/snapback]

But didn't Garcia/Owens play a large part in carrying the Niners offense to the red zone so that Barlow could carry your team to the Super Bowl? I'm not doubting Barlow as much as I'm doubting every other part of that offense.

But didn't Garcia/Owens play a large part in carrying the Niners offense to the red zone so that Barlow could carry your team to the Super Bowl?  I'm not doubting Barlow as much as I'm doubting every other part of that offense.

11972[/snapback]

I would say you are underestimating the ability of Tim Rattay and the OL in SF. Both are "ok" not horrible as you have indicated. Also...Brandon Lloyd is the sleeper WR of the draft. He will be a solid weapon that will draw some attention away from Barlow.

Barlow is gonna be a fantasy monster. I dont know why the hell he wasnt starting 3 years ago. Him and Hearst rotated in the backfield and Barlow always looked better. He is built like a bowling ball and deceptively fast. He can catch the ball and he kicked ass pure and simple in the last 5 games last year. Barlow is a top 7 back IMO

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.