What do you think our starting defense looks like the last month...

One problem I'm starting to see as we develop this discussion is that it looks to me like the Bills don't have an obvious fit for a nickel/dime coverage linebacker. We know Poz and Davis are not coverage players and Sheppard and White both appear to be run-down players.

If we really don't have anybody else, how about Bryan Scott. Didn't he get pressed into emergency LB service a few years ago against the Jets and do pretty well? Obviously that gives up some run D ability, but we're talking about expected passing downs, and he's listed at 219.

If we really don't have anybody else, how about Bryan Scott. Didn't he get pressed into emergency LB service a few years ago against the Jets and do pretty well? Obviously that gives up some run D ability, but we're talking about expected passing downs, and he's listed at 219.

I think you're right on here.

I didn't realize until reading through the thread that we don't have an actual coverage linebacker and you're right, Scott has played this role in the past and might do so again.

..of the season (provided everyone is healthy)?

DE Marcel Dareus

NT Kyle Williams

DE Dwan Edwards

OLB Shawn Merriman

ILB Kelvin Shepard

ILB Paul Posluszny (If re-signed)

OLB Arthur Moats

CB Leodis McKelvin

CB Terrance McGee

SS Aaron Williams

FS Jarius Byrd

I think Dareus will be good..Williams great..Edwards so-so....Merriman may not make it through the season..we'll see..Shepard unknown..Poz? Overated..if he's here..so-so, and I like Moats...McKelvin is underachiever better turn it up!...McGee often injured..Williams should be decent..Byrd needs more grabs this year! Overall I think our defense is still 3 good players away from being something special...

On offense still need a TE..#1 receiver or #2 depending on how you look at it..probably a RT..an upgrade at LT...So probably about 4 good starters from being good...an upgrade at QB to be a contender!

That makes 5 good offensive Starters and 3 good defensive players (not including depth..) away from being a playoff team! So of 22 starters we still need 8 more approx. so we're almost 2/3 the way there! Next year's focus should be on the offense and in 2013 we're looking at depth and filling the final few holes...and then we should be a real contender!!

I think Dareus will be good..Williams great..Edwards so-so....Merriman may not make it through the season..we'll see..Shepard unknown..Poz? Overated..if he's here..so-so, and I like Moats...McKelvin is underachiever better turn it up!...McGee often injured..Williams should be decent..Byrd needs more grabs this year! Overall I think our defense is still 3 good players away from being something special...

On offense still need a TE..#1 receiver or #2 depending on how you look at it..probably a RT..an upgrade at LT...So probably about 4 good starters from being good...an upgrade at QB to be a contender!

That makes 5 good offensive Starters and 3 good defensive players (not including depth..) away from being a playoff team! So of 22 starters we still need 8 more approx. so we're almost 2/3 the way there! Next year's focus should be on the offense and in 2013 we're looking at depth and filling the final few holes...and then we should be a real contender!!

Nelson and Johnson will be the starting WRs after all said and done. I haven't given up Parrish yet..Plus Jones is outside looking in and don't forget Lee Evans. I don't think WR is a weakness on this team. We definitely need to invest in a TE. An RT is definite need. We had horrible production at that position.

You don't wait until next year. You try to fill these in FA and the UDFA market.

My bet is we end up 4-3 again.

DE Kelsay/Carrington

DT Marcel Dareus

NT Kyle Williams

DE Dwan Edwards

OLB Shawn Merriman Injured

MLB Kelvin Shepard

WLB Paul Posluszny (If re-signed)

SLB Arthur Moats

CB Terrance McGeeInjured

CB D. Florence

CB Aaron Williams