Walterfootball Draft Grades?

personally I first wanna say i could care less...this is what happens when you have way too much office time on your hands....

But his breakdown of out draft seems pretty bitter.....

We get maybe the best player in the draft...and we get a B? instead of an A?

(walter on pats 2md rd pick)33. Ras-I Dowling, CB, Virginia

Another corner? This is not New England's greatest need, but it's something I thought they'd address at some point in Day 2. Ras-I Dowling may have been a first-round pick had he not been injured so much throughout his collegiate career, so the Patriots might be getting some value atop the second round. (Pick Grade: B)

(walter on Bills 2nd rd Pick)34. Aaron Williams, CB/FS, Texas

So, Ryan Fitzpatrick is a franchise quarterback, eh? I like Aaron Williams, but he does not fill a need at all. As I've been saying, new regimes mean new rush linebackers, cornerbacks (safeties) and "pass-catchin' runnin' backs" in Buffalo. (Pick Grade: C)

And He had Williams Ranked higher than Dowling? :wallbash:

BTW?...And Who is this 2nd rd Franchise QB everyone keeps talking about? :unsure:

http://walterfootball.com/offseason2011buf.php :thumbdown:

This guy obviously doesn't know squat! Not a need? Really? Youboty (average) is gone...Florence (slightly above average) is most likely gone...McKelvin= suspect & McGee can't stay healthy and is getting old...Seems like a major need to me...and he was projected to be a first round pick...looks like a B+, maybe even an A- to me.

Look at his "prospect rankings" and where alot of the guys were drafted. This is why these guys have self-made websites and not an actual job in the NFL.

Edited by H2o

This guy obviously doesn't know squat! Not a need? Really? Youboty (average) is gone...Florence (slightly above average) (average) is most likely gone...McKelvin= suspect & McGee can't stay healthy and is getting old...Seems like a major need to me...and he was projected to be a first round pick...looks like a B+, maybe even an A- to me.

edited

Fact is we had much bigger needs than a cornerback at #34.

Could have gotten a good offensive tackle or Kyle Rudolph or even Andy Dalton.

QB and tight end have been major weak spots on this team and have been virtually ignored (sorry Levi!) the last two years.

OMG I hope Buddy knows what he is doing.

Andy Dalton is a franchise qb? And kyle might be a really good tight end...but if we plan to use FA to take care of the TE position .... Then with our first 4 picks we've draft 4 potential starters for our defense for years to come...

Andy Dalton is a franchise qb? And kyle might be a really good tight end...but if we plan to use FA to take care of the TE position .... Then with our first 4 picks we've draft 4 potential starters for our defense for years to come...

I almost feel like puking now every time I hear the term "franchise Quarterback" it has been so abused by analysts and critical fans (ever notice the first half of that word fits really well?).

Yes, we need more help at QB and no, there isn't much to choose from in this years free agent class IMO, but Chix will get it taken care of if at all possible. The one guy that was worth the risk went #1 so you suck it up and go with plan B like they did. Fitzy gets one more full year (hopefully) to show what he's got and if he doesn't then we know what to do with the first round pick in 2012, which will hopefully be more concrete year wif there's a CBA in place.

If the QB's we passed on become stars, join the rest of the teams that passed on them as well. It happens every year without a crystal ball.

Cornerback is a position that historically needs to be a first or second round pick to get one of the best at CB, or the pick is usually wasted. We can't do it all in one draft, there just isn't enough talent to go around so you take the best players you can and either fix other needs in FA or the next draft.

The Bills filled several holes based on BPA and need and that's all any team with many holes can do each draft. If last years and this years rookies can add depth, versatility and many of them can contribute consistently for this team, we will hopefully, and most likely, continue to get better.

i trust buddy and chan more than that guy. so far good work. now, if they dont find a franchise QB next draft, with luck, landry, barkley ( or berkley? ) aso coming out, then ill worry.

but one thing here: gosselin rated this draft A+. the only A+. thats all i need to know.

Funny when these guys look at last years depth chart to determine what our needs are. That's giving this chump credit. If he didn't look at last years depth chart and says Williams "did not fill a need at all", he's worse off. A troll that gets paid for it.

edited

You're worse. You don't get paid for it.