RIP Claude Stanley Choules of Austrailia

The last one of a historic era has passed and hardly anyone gives a crap. What will it be like in about 27+ years when the last of the great vets of WWII kicks the bucket? Fathers, grandfathers and great grandfathers. I hope there will be more giving their best then, than are now. I am ashamed of the lack of attention given by the current generation and even the previous generation. Being ashamed does not even come close to explaining how I feel. This lack of thought is utterly horrid. Such a passing of an era will never happen again. Ever.

If it is ever this quiet when the last of the WWII combat vets pass I will... I honestly don't know what I will do. Such a thought stuns me.

And don't tell me people forget. Not everyone has forgotten what our forefathers did for the American Revolution.

Edited by Pilsner

The last one of a historic era has passed and hardly anyone gives a crap. What will it be like in about 27+ years when the last of the great vets of WWII kicks the bucket? Fathers, grandfathers and great grandfathers. I hope there will be more giving their best then, than are now. I am ashamed of the lack of attention given by the current generation and even the previous generation. Being ashamed does not even come close to explaining how I feel. This lack of thought is utterly horrid. Such a passing of an era will never happen again. Ever.

If it is ever this quiet when the last of the WWII combat vets pass I will... I honestly don't know what I will do. Such a thought stuns me.

And don't tell me people forget. Not everyone has forgotten what our forefathers did for the American Revolution.

It was hard to discern from the title what this thread was about. May this fine gentleman RIP.