OT: COWARDS!

Mediaman

I showed no facts?

Sorry, I'll try to find a source that is more credible than The US Center for Disease Control and Prevention...

:o

164636[/snapback]

don't be so naive. there are plenty of arguments that show ballooning of those "facts" or stats. For example:

17 year old jackoff from up the street tries to break into someone's home to get $. He gets shot by owner in the dark. Owner says I didn't know who he was kid or not, I'm protecting my family. Boom, they have a new stat. 17 year old = child. Owner not knowing who he was = accidental shooting. how was the owner to know he wasn't a killer coming to slice him up?

but you have one of your many stats right there.

also, since when is getting shot a disease????

:lol:

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

don't be so naive. there are plenty of arguments that show ballooning of those "facts" or stats. For example:

17 year old jackoff from up the street tries to break into someone's home to get $. He gets shot by owner in the dark. Owner says I didn't know who he was kid or not, I'm protecting my family. Boom, they have a new stat. 17 year old = child. Owner not knowing who he was = accidental shooting. how was the owner to know he wasn't a killer coming to slice him up?

but you have one of your many stats right there.

also, since when is getting shot a disease????

:o

164891[/snapback]

Not only that but they fail to discriminate between gang members and children. If a 16 year old Crip and a 16 year old blood in South Central shoot one another, that's 2 dead children according to the government.

It's just like them saying people are X number of times more likely to die in their own homes if they own a gun. That's probably not skewed because drug dealers and criminals aren't likely to keep guns in their houses, are they?

So how do you like the .45 Glock?  I have the baby .40 (G23) and it is sweet.

164900[/snapback]

a couple more serious questions

1) What makes a gun "sweet" versus a gun that sucks (seriously,.. i dont know).

2) Do most towns have a place you can go and just shoot at a range?

So how do you like the .45 Glock?  I have the baby .40 (G23) and it is sweet.

164900[/snapback]

The 36 is sweet. I replaced the spring assembly with the laser sight, the sights with tritium 3 dot, and had it compensated. Nice groups at short range with Golden Sabre 230 grain JHP. I've put alot of rounds through it and it fires true every time. A lot of firepower in a compact package.

I have the full size .40 and like it pretty good. They make very serviceable guns.

164902[/snapback]

1. Shootability. The thing hits what you aim at and doesn't beat the you out of you while doing it. Example: My buddy has a .50 caliber Linebaugh that feels like you went 4 matches with the Bull from "Over the Top" everytime you pull the trigger. Lotsa firepower - not much fun to shoot.

There are compact guns that fall into the same category. They just aren't well made and/or are inaccurate.

I have an AK-47 that I couldn't hit a barndoor with over 100 yards. But it will shoot all day long.

2. There are places to shoot virtually everywhere. Reputable places will teach you how to do it and rent you the guns as well.

164902[/snapback]

For me "sweet" implies a combination of accurate, good stopping power, won't jam on you, easy to

disassemble/clean, fits well in my hand, not too heavy (or too light), reasonable capacity mag. My wife

can shoot the same gun as I can which is nice. Although it pisses me off when she outshoots me. :devil:

I took firearm safety and shooting classes from a retired FBI agent who trained the local police force

and we used the same firing range as the cops use. Even though I live in a horrible state (California)

for law-abiding gun owners, there are still several indoor and outdoor ranges within easy driving

distance from my house, ammo store 2 blocks away, etc. Most states are better & have more ranges.

You're right.  I don't believe in that technology because it's not fool proof.  I'm not leaving my safety or that of my family to some friggin' Dexter out there.  Raise your kids the right way and it won't be an issue.

164811[/snapback]

When I was growing up, there were always guns around. Big hunting tradition in my family. It never would have crossed my mind to take one out for fun. I just "knew". Part of it was they were never a big deal, nothing more than another tool like found in the garage. When I wanted to take a .22 out back and "plink", I'd ask permission. I brought up my two boys the same way, kinda. They understood guns pretty well and could shoot and be responsible with it by the time they were 10. They loved to shoot, just to shoot, but they loved to hunt and fish, as well. Those were things we could do together, the three of us. They never would have "screwed up", because they knew that would have been the end of us doing those things together.

But, it's a different world, now. Nobody "dies" in a video game, and just like booze, cigarettes and the rest of it, some parents put such a paranoia emphasis on something like a firearm that THEY create the fascination. And, when they don't, society will do it for them. The best way to make a kid do something out of line is to make too big a deal out of it. One has to also consider the 3-6 year olds, who don't have the development done to fully understand the ramifications. They see guns used on TV, but haven't grasped the concept of injury too well, unless personally experienced-and no one wants that.

I think the hunting aspect really helps. When a child sees what a tiny bullet can do to a 180 pound deer, it gets a point across.

Anyway, there is some good technology being developed for law enforcement. I don't think they will accept something unreliable. There's still a chance that a round will misfire. No weapon is 100% foolproof. For the modern day era, in the more urban-suburban setting I see a good potential. Lot's of problems with legalities (the kid that takes the inoperable weapon to school, in spite of things) but that's bad parenting. Not gun control.

when are you going to learn? they don't use logic, just whatever makes them feel right.

164998[/snapback]

Oh, you're right... 776 is nothin'. .. :devil:

again, I ask, thought (seriously),

people always ask gun people : "what happens if your kid gets your gun?"

To which gun people say "I of course keep it locked up".

Well then, if you are keeping it for self defense, how is it helping you if someone were to break into your house, and got into your room, etc, etc...

Oh, you're right... 776 is nothin'. ..  :devil:

Well then, if you are keeping it for self defense, how is it helping you if someone were to break into your house, and got into your room, etc, etc...

165041[/snapback]

too easy. You have a gun and you are trained and you train your children that it is not a toy, teach them that it is a tool, all the basics of responsible gun ownership. You teach them this as early as possible and raise them to not be in fear of guns (like yourself).

Education is the key. also, there are models you can get that are such that it takes adult strength to operate, two hands, etc. you be responsible yourself. if it's under your bed while you sleep, it goes somewhere else when you are awake. Kinda like child proofing your home when you have a toddler.

You don't keep your sharpest steak knives out where Jr. can get to them, do you?

Oh, you're right... 776 is nothin'. ..  :devil:

165041[/snapback]

There are safes available with fingerprint sensors that open literally in less than a second. There are others that have 4 digit punch pads.

Capitalism rocks.

too easy. You have a gun and you are trained and you train your children that it is not a toy, teach them that it is a tool, all the basics of responsible gun ownership. You teach them this as early as possible and raise them to not be in fear of guns (like yourself).

Education is the key. also, there are models you can get that are such that it takes adult strength to operate, two hands, etc. you be responsible yourself. if it's under your bed while you sleep, it goes somewhere else when you are awake. Kinda like child proofing your home when you have a toddler.

You don't keep your sharpest steak knives out where Jr. can get to them, do you?

165062[/snapback]

fair answer.

thanks.