Who would you have picked? Post draft mock

I really wanted Kyle Rudolph but am pleased with the defensive picks

Agree. I would have also liked Tyrod Taylor in the 6th - Gailey might have been able to make it work. Better shot than most 6th rounders. If not, make him a WR/KR.

Guest three3

brooks reed, anthony castonzo, titus young, kenrick ellis were some of the players i thought they'd consider and/or pull the trigger on..i do remember sheppard being a very important playmaker on that lsu defense though, that is the pick that is the most intriguing

Just for fun, let's weigh in on who you would have taken at each pick knowing who was off the board. So for each pick you can take anybody from the player we picked through our next pick. I really like Buddy's draft, so I am not up in arms complaining. As Cannon and Mallett sit on the New England bench for different reasons, I think we will like our actual draft better than mine. But now is the time to state who you wanted at each pick for the historical record :) (For example, I wanted Ngata over Whitner, but I wanted Lynch over Revis and would have wasted a 2nd on Claussen).

R1 #3 (Dareus DT) My pick: SAME

R2 #34 (Williams CB) My Pick: Akeem Ayers LB

R3 #68 (Sheppard LB) My Pick: Ryan Mallett QB

R4 #100 (Searcy DB) My Pick: Luke Stocker TE

R4 #122 (Hairston OT) My Pick: House Daven DB

R5 #133 (J. White RB) My Pick: Marcus Cannon OT

R6 #169 (C. White LB) My Pick: Quan Sturdivant LB

R7 #206 (Rogers DB) My Pick: SAME (what do I know in the 7th)

R7 #245 (Jasper DT) My Pick: SAME (what do I know in the 7th)

Looks good to me.

Have fun competing effectively.... And losing your last game of the year. Get a stud QB and you have a MUCH better chance of winning your final game. History repeats itself, over and over. Sure, Brad Johnson and Trent Dilfer can win a SB. Good luck putting together a defense like Baltimores and TBs that won the SB for them. "compete effectively". That's funny, and it's a philosophy that will get a gm and hc fired. I like Fitz, but he's NOT gonna win us a SB, unless we have one of "those" defenses. "those" defenses are harder to come by than a franchise QB. True story. Keep thinking we don't need a stud QB. I'm glad you're not our GM, that's for sure.

Yah, pointing to Sanchez and the Jets for proof of anything is pretty foolish. It's not easy to find a franchise QB, but it's easier than putting together the league's best OL and finding the best CB since Deion Sanders. If this draft is going to yield us that then great. It won't though.

Liked most of our pick so this isn't a dis but what may have been.

R1 #3 Dareus DT - Blaine Gabbert QB (better hope we can get a franchise guy next year or we be back to 8 - 8 for years)

I stopped reading after this. You're a bozo.

Brooks Reed or any of the other pass rushers in round 2...other then that Im ok with their draft

I thought the same at first. But looking at the fact that we only have Mckelvin, McGee and Corner at CB, we NEEDED a cb that can step in and play THIS year. At OLB, we have Moats, Merriman, Kelsey, batten and Coleman. Not to say they are great players, but we are deeper at olb options than we are at CB. McGee will most likely miss a few games, again. That would mean we have Mckelvin and corner starting and nothing else. I think you underestimate our need for cb, and we landed a 1st round talent cb. Buddy did a good job

Just for fun, let's weigh in on who you would have taken at each pick knowing who was off the board. So for each pick you can take anybody from the player we picked through our next pick. I really like Buddy's draft, so I am not up in arms complaining. As Cannon and Mallett sit on the New England bench for different reasons, I think we will like our actual draft better than mine. But now is the time to state who you wanted at each pick for the historical record :) (For example, I wanted Ngata over Whitner, but I wanted Lynch over Revis and would have wasted a 2nd on Claussen).

In round 2 I would have gone Justin Houston or Brooks Reed.

I probably would have drafted one more OL pick than we did.

I'm not familiar with the later round picks but if Jasper can be coached up

he could be a monster at DT or Guard. He seems more athletic than Jamie Nails.

This would have been amazing. Hindsight always 20/20....Ayers looks like a player.

Austin is a very good 4-3 DT Prospect but he's not anywhere near Dareus as a Prospect...It's really not close...Austin is pretty much strictly a One-Gap, up-the-field DT...Dareus can play anywhere, along any front...Plus...Austin plays a bit out-of-control at times and lacks Dareus' discipline...Austin is described by some as the "ring-leader" of the little cheating operation that cost UNC half their Roster last year...And when he was Interviewed at The Combine several Teams let it leak out that he was a selfish Kid who refused to take responsibility for his part in the whole thing, and that he was quick to point the finger back at his University...

Not trying to nitpick you here...Just saying... B-)

could have went Paea too and these guys can play two gap as well, I think people pigeon-hole a guys and think they can't do both. Back to Austin, Warren Sapp was imature too ... just saying :D .