Sheppard Over Wilson ??

Just wondering if some one may be able to clear this one up for me ? I thought Martez Wilson was the top rated LB in this draft after Miller , why did we go Sheppard instead when Wilson was still on the board ?

Was it his leadership skills ? I didn't see him play & know very little about him but was just wondering about the pick , thought maybe some one could clarify .

Thanks !! Go Bills !!!!!

Just wondering if some one may be able to clear this one up for me ? I thought Martez Wilson was the top rated LB in this draft after Miller , why did we go Sheppard instead when Wilson was still on the board ?

Was it his leadership skills ? I didn't see him play & know very little about him but was just wondering about the pick , thought maybe some one could clarify .

Thanks !! Go Bills !!!!!

I think the fact they coached him for the Senior Bowl was the biggest factor. All things being equal would you rather draft a player you spent a week working with and got to see in a practice setting or a player you maybe only met briefly once or twice?

Thanks !! Go Bills !!!!!

Read Gailey's comments in the dedicated thread, especially what he said about coaching him at the Sr. Bowl & read Sheppard's comments.