CBS Sports.com Grades

A couple of responses to answering my post above......

- First....that is kind of a point....you should give an A grade to someone for not being an idiot and doing the right thing....because that is a choice. I am QUITE sure with Blaine Gabbart, Patrick Peterson, and of course Marcel Darius the phone was ringing with a trade down offer.....but Nix realizing just what a player like Marcel Darius means for your team stood his ground and made the pick. To someone like Nix who OPENLY says he would like all the picks he can get this had to be a temptation.

- Regarding the QB.....so....if we traded down and took Christian Ponder with our first pick (jesus christ I cant even believe that happened) then we would have had a BETTER draft? It does NO GOOD to put your eggs in a 1st round QB basket if you dont actually THINK they are a definate franchise QB......imo opinion the 2nd round would have been ok to take one because even if the QB didnt end up being a franchise guy and just a good backup for your team then it was worth...but that big money first round player needs to be a IMPACT player at some point. Marcel Darius or Christian Ponder? that isnt even a valid question for me.

- I beleive we do need to find a franchise QB....I dont think we should reach for one.

Marcel Darius not only will help this team himself but plays a position that helps others around him be good players because of the attention he will demand from the offense. Fitz was going to be our starter this year no matter what......

I absolutely will give credit to the GM for doing the RIGHT thing and not try to get cute and eventually hurting the team.......

Good post

For what it is worth...

1. B+ Dareus

2. B- Williams

3. C Sheppard

4. B Searcy

4. A Hairston

5. A White

6. C White

7. B Rogers

7. C Jasper

I think the C for Sheppard is a bit harsh from Prisco. He looks like a solid pick. Otherwise at least this website seems to like what Buffalo did.

Dareus a B+ ?! What the hell are they smoking? The best D-lineman in the draft gets a B+ ? Who would they have given an A to at that point?

A couple of responses to answering my post above......

- First....that is kind of a point....you should give an A grade to someone for not being an idiot and doing the right thing....because that is a choice. I am QUITE sure with Blaine Gabbart, Patrick Peterson, and of course Marcel Darius the phone was ringing with a trade down offer.....but Nix realizing just what a player like Marcel Darius means for your team stood his ground and made the pick. To someone like Nix who OPENLY says he would like all the picks he can get this had to be a temptation.

- Regarding the QB.....so....if we traded down and took Christian Ponder with our first pick (jesus christ I cant even believe that happened) then we would have had a BETTER draft? It does NO GOOD to put your eggs in a 1st round QB basket if you dont actually THINK they are a definate franchise QB......imo opinion the 2nd round would have been ok to take one because even if the QB didnt end up being a franchise guy and just a good backup for your team then it was worth...but that big money first round player needs to be a IMPACT player at some point. Marcel Darius or Christian Ponder? that isnt even a valid question for me.

- I beleive we do need to find a franchise QB....I dont think we should reach for one.

Marcel Darius not only will help this team himself but plays a position that helps others around him be good players because of the attention he will demand from the offense. Fitz was going to be our starter this year no matter what......

I absolutely will give credit to the GM for doing the RIGHT thing and not try to get cute and eventually hurting the team.......

John, simply put, the Bills never think there is a franchise QB within their grasp. Giving them credit for their opinion......when they have consistently been among the 2-3 worst evaluators in football for a decade and one of the worst overall for the past 50 years......is a leap of faith.

The Bills have been so bad on draft day for so long, I don't see how people expect outside opinions to not question picks the Bills make, if only for the fact that the Bills MADE THEM. I mean, let's not forget, Aaron Maybin was a top prospect. CJ Spiller was a top prospect. Leodis McKelvin was a top prospect. These guys have been useless. Take a look at that from an outside perspective before getting worked up about a half letter grade short of an A.

I had to do the draft grades last night for the Bills (Dareus=A, Williams=A, Sheppard=Changed:I gave him a B but my boss lowered it to a C).

It's meaningless. I love doing sophomore draft grades, where we grade guys that have been playing for 2 years, but what a farce to have to give grades before they play a down.

Round 4 grades and lower should come out at noon)

Whats better: dareus Williams or Peterson bowers?

Bowers? Really? I like gambling, but not all bets are worth placing. Teams took him off their boards completely. You know that right? His knee shows signs of a degenerative condition? Are you familiar with that? Experts say that his problems would be exacerbated by playing on turf. Have you read that anywhere? He may never be as explosive or fast as he was in college.

Does any of that matter to you or would you be happy wasting a second round pick because you've heard of a guy? Do some research before you type.

I had to do the draft grades last night for the Bills (Dareus=A, Williams=A, Sheppard=Changed:I gave him a B but my boss lowered it to a C).

It's meaningless. I love doing sophomore draft grades, where we grade guys that have been playing for 2 years, but what a farce to have to give grades before they play a down.

Round 4 grades and lower should come out at noon)

Interesting since Drafttek had him rated the highest overall of any site I could find on the internet.