Bills' 2010 Draft-Worst in NFL?

What's the point of judging a draft one year out?

It kinda goes back to that Bill Parcells draft special. He stated that he only ever graded one prospect, Billy Sims as a 9 (on a scale of 9), a guy who could walk right in and go right to the Pro Bowl. When you think of all the great players Parcells was involved in drafting, and it was only Sims that was ever graded that high, that really put the draft, and what to expect of draftees in their first year in the pros, in perspective.

I expect more out of Spiller and the gang in the second year of their careers, but I would not label that class a bust.

2010's Worst Drafts

I guess I am not the only one who thinks Buddy and the gang blew their first draft in Buffalo. Let's hope the second time through the process is a charm. Go Bills!

Spiller has a ton of potential, so waaay too early to declare him a bust. Needs to get better in pass protection (most young RB's do) so he can get on the field more...

Troup, Carrington, and Moats are all very promising too and we wont really know how good they will be until this year when they get significant playing time (or at least should)

Easley got hurt...he didnt bust, he got hurt.

So overall, we have some promising young players from last years draft...have they proven themselves yet, no, but I actually think 3 years from now its going to look like a pretty good draft.

2010's Worst Drafts

I guess I am not the only one who thinks Buddy and the gang blew their first draft in Buffalo. Let's hope the second time through the process is a charm. Go Bills!

Easley got hurt, players get hurt every year. Troup started coming into his own towards the end of the year, and he was very productive when compared to the DT's drafted above and below him, including the ones drafted by teams that were not considered "reaches", as the drafting of Troup in the 2nd round was. Carrington? Well, very few stars run into the starting lineup in the NFL directly from the 3rd round. Carrington will be judged more during this his second season. And Arthur Moats can turn out to be the steal of last year's draft if he improves on the rookie season he had - the kid is a player.

Drafting C.J. Spiller was stupid in my opinion. But even with him, it's even more stupid for a sports writer to waste time "judging" a team's draft one year later!!