For what it's worth.....

I have been a die hard fantasy football player for over 20 years. When I first started we had to keep track of stats with pen and paper but the last several years I've been involved in a VERY competitive hybrid league. We play for a nice payday and you can bet that it's cutthroat and a mistake can trash your season. I'll try to make this short because I want to make a point.

A couple of years ago I was heading out of my house to go to my draft. I had my draft scripted for weeks. I've been a huge Adrian Peterson fan and I was picking 5th and Peterson was going to be mine, all mine and there was no way I was going to deviate from my master plan. Right about this time an old friend called me and was curious in what my plan were going to be. I splewed my guts out and he listened quietly. When I was thru he calmly asked me what position scored the most dividends. I promptly blurted out that the QB position was the money, simply due to the fact that this is a QB driven league and we are able to play 2 QBs at one time(one in the OP position). At this point my friend stated that I'd be making a huge mistake if I didn't heed that. I thought about it for a few mintes, I didn't want to change my want or desire to select Peterson. I was being foolishly stubborn but my friend made a ton of sense the more I thought about this aspect. Needless to say I changed my mind and last minute picked Romo. I did make it to the Super Bowl and lost but I never regretted my change of heart. It was the right decision in a QB driven league.

Keep this in mind come draft day on Thursday. If Buffalo doesn't go QB with their first pick, don't think that the several teams behind them that need a QB won't. I'm expecting the unexpected in this draft, especially with Buffalo. I can see them trading back if they don't take a QB with the #3 pick.

Edited by Tipster19

In a real football game you play offense, defense and special teams. As much as a QB is needed in all Fantasy leagues both an offense and defense are needed to field a real team. I am all for trading down or taking the best player available. AJ Green is the only offensive player that falls into a top thee pick. Trade down and go defense or stay put and go defense.

Edited by jumbalaya

In a real football game you play offense, defense and special teams. As much as a QB is needed in all Fantasy leagues both an offense and defense are needed to field a real team. I am all for trading down or taking the best player available. AJ Green is the only offensive player that falls into a top thee pick. Trade down and go defense or stay put and go defense.

+1

This is the real world baby.

....I can see them trading back if they don't take a QB with the #3 pick.

I sure hope Buddy Nix doesn't "see that." I can't remember another draft where there are so many possible impact players (mostly on defense) in the top 10 to 15 picks as there seem to be in this one. If Buddy doesn't draft Newton or Gabbert number 3 (and I think he should, by the way) he almost has to stay there and pick one of the impact players he will have to choose from at #3! In this draft, who cares about an extra 2nd round pick when you have so many (seemingly) great players at the top?? He should just draft Von Miller and see if the kid becomes the Bills' LT for the next 10 years, if he doesn't see the value at QB that I hope he does in Newton or Gabbert.

I sure hope Buddy Nix doesn't "see that." I can't remember another draft where there are so many possible impact players (mostly on defense) in the top 10 to 15 picks as there seem to be in this one. If Buddy doesn't draft Newton or Gabbert number 3 (and I think he should, by the way) he almost has to stay there and pick one of the impact players he will have to choose from at #3! In this draft, who cares about an extra 2nd round pick when you have so many (seemingly) great players at the top?? He should just draft Von Miller and see if the kid becomes the Bills' LT for the next 10 years, if he doesn't see the value at QB that I hope he does in Newton or Gabbert.

What are you talking about. Von Miller is a LB. & if per sey there is 10 to 15 impact players in this draft(& I happen to agree with your assessment) if your not sold on one of the QBs wouldn't it make sense to trade down & pick up an extra 2nd & still get that impact player at #10 such as Quinn or possibly even Fairley?

Now if you think Newton or Gabbert are Franchise qbs & they are available at #3 if your Nix you have to pull the trigger. I am not convinced that they are. The old Giants GM(forgot his name but I believe at one point he pass up on Elway; could be wrong I am sure I will get corrected if I am) said "you pass up a franchise QB & spend the next 15 years regretting it" If NIX/Gailey believe there is a franchise qb at #3, they better have the guts to pull the trigger.

I have been a die hard fantasy football player for over 20 years. When I first started we had to keep track of stats with pen and paper but the last several years I've been involved in a VERY competitive hybrid league. We play for a nice payday and you can bet that it's cutthroat and a mistake can trash your season. I'll try to make this short because I want to make a point.

A couple of years ago I was heading out of my house to go to my draft. I had my draft scripted for weeks. I've been a huge Adrian Peterson fan and I was picking 5th and Peterson was going to be mine, all mine and there was no way I was going to deviate from my master plan. Right about this time an old friend called me and was curious in what my plan were going to be. I splewed my guts out and he listened quietly. When I was thru he calmly asked me what position scored the most dividends. I promptly blurted out that the QB position was the money, simply due to the fact that this is a QB driven league and we are able to play 2 QBs at one time(one in the OP position). At this point my friend stated that I'd be making a huge mistake if I didn't heed that. I thought about it for a few mintes, I didn't want to change my want or desire to select Peterson. I was being foolishly stubborn but my friend made a ton of sense the more I thought about this aspect. Needless to say I changed my mind and last minute picked Romo. I did make it to the Super Bowl and lost but I never regretted my change of heart. It was the right decision in a QB driven league.

Keep this in mind come draft day on Thursday. If Buffalo doesn't go QB with their first pick, don't think that the several teams behind them that need a QB won't. I'm expecting the unexpected in this draft, especially with Buffalo. I can see them trading back if they don't take a QB with the #3 pick.

You're 100% right...Of coarse the trick is you have to get the right QB...You have to make the right decision...That being said I still think it's the best risk vs. reward option...Von Miller could turn out to be an All-Pro OLB forever and a day, but without a Franchise QB is it really going to matter much? Every decision about your Franchise gets easier with a Franchise QB in place...But they're so rarely recognizable coming out of College these days...It's a tough business...That's why so many Teams shy away...Then when a QB like Aaron Rodgers or Drew Brees falls through the cracks the Teams that passed them and still need a QB look pretty stupid for doing so...It can be a vicious cycle... B-)

The point is that the NFL IS a QB driven league and Buffalo, if they don't use it for themselves, is holding a HUGE chip in this draft.

Please reveal the name of this magical QB who will be available Thursday.

(There better be two magical QBs because if such a creature exists in this year's draft, there would be no doubt whatsoever who Carolina would take with the #1 overall pick).