Miller, Gabbert, and Peterson Are Players That....

2) I actually like Blaine Gabbert. I can see why you would think that he's a checkdown machine, but that's a result of how his offense was designed. The majority of his throws, and this is coming off of what I heard from some NFL Network analyst, were in that 10-15 yard range. Sure, he doesn't throw that many 50 yard bombs, but the 10-15 yard throws are really the bread and butter of the NFL passing game. Here's the biggest reason of why I DO like Blaine Gabbert. His offense at Mizzou was pretty complex - almost to the level of Sam Bradford's when he was at Oklahoma. Blaine Gabbert had to make complex reads and progress through his recievers like he would have to in the NFL. In fact, if we draft him, I will probably expect to see a Sam Bradford-like season out of him. Just my own guess, but there it is. He'll probably have the smoothest transition to the NFL game out of everyone in the draft this season. Other QB's like Can Newton really only had to make 1 read in their simpler offenses, where it was 1 read and run. Simple routes, simple plan, and implemented to take advantage of Cam Newton's physical abilities.

Bradford threw 50 TD passes in a season, not 16.

One was great, the other...average to below average.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow...I just thought about the prospect of us grabbing Green at 3. I suspected a QB or Patrick Peterson might be possible based on Nix and Gailey saying they'd go for what was best for the team long term... but if they're going BPA, then Green would have to be in that conversation, and I thought last year that they were going about assembling, piece by piece, with the intention of it taking a few years, their "perfect" offense - which is why, I think, they took Spiller, because he is what they wanted, envisioned, as the running back in their ideal offense, which wasn't going to be the 2010 Bills, or even the 2011 Bills, but should be evident by 2012 and 2013. So, if Nix and Gailey were adding the pieces that they wanted to see complete in a few years, then Green would give us a great RB group and a now a great WR group, with Evans, Green, Easley, Jones, Nelson, Roosevelt, Parrish - wow, that would be an enviable group. If we added, say, Rudolph with the #2 pick, then Fitz would indeed have a year to show what he could do with perhaps one of the best equipped offenses in the league, and if he fails, they could go for a QB next year, or Green at 3 and someone like Ponder at 2, or Kaepernick, or Dalton.

Now I can't say where I think they might go in this draft.

Wow...I just thought about the prospect of us grabbing Green at 3. I suspected a QB or Patrick Peterson might be possible based on Nix and Gailey saying they'd go for what was best for the team long term... but if they're going BPA, then Green would have to be in that conversation, and I thought last year that they were going about assembling, piece by piece, with the intention of it taking a few years, their "perfect" offense - which is why, I think, they took Spiller, because he is what they wanted, envisioned, as the running back in their ideal offense, which wasn't going to be the 2010 Bills, or even the 2011 Bills, but should be evident by 2012 and 2013. So, if Nix and Gailey were adding the pieces that they wanted to see complete in a few years, then Green would give us a great RB group and a now a great WR group, with Evans, Green, Easley, Jones, Nelson, Roosevelt, Parrish - wow, that would be an enviable group. If we added, say, Rudolph with the #2 pick, then Fitz would indeed have a year to show what he could do with perhaps one of the best equipped offenses in the league, and if he fails, they could go for a QB next year, or Green at 3 and someone like Ponder at 2, or Kaepernick, or Dalton.

I think taking 2 offensive players in the first 2 rounds would yield a more talented, but still flawed, offense that

will still never get to be on the field as the opposition runs at will through the Bills' D.

then Green would give us a great RB group and a now a great WR group, with Evans, Green, Easley, Jones, Nelson, Roosevelt, Parrish - wow, that would be an enviable group. If we added, say, Rudolph with the #2 pick, then Fitz would indeed have a year to show what he could do with perhaps one of the best equipped offenses in the league, and if he fails, they could go for a QB next year, or Green at 3 and someone like Ponder at 2, or Kaepernick, or Dalton.

Where's Stevie Johnson?