Nanny State

Wrong. I don't want the government to tell YOU what to eat. I'm saying that if you let your kids become fat little fatties, you're a abusive/neglectful parent.

Incidentally, how much of our healthcare resources are "eaten" up by diseased adult fatties in the years before they die? Culling the human population is not an acceptable answer IMO.

Again, I'm talking about dependents who cannot be expected to make good life choices for themselves. I don't think I have to be Ron Paul to sell the concept that people should be required to take care of their children or face consequences.

So, if they are brought up right they have no excuses later in life, right? Adults should be expected to make the right choices?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, if they are brought up right they have no excuses later in life, right? Adults should be expected to make the right choices?

I see what you're doing. I think I've stated my opinion pretty clearly. Life is not as simple as you're trying to make it out to be.

Only the Jews Zionists wear assless chaps around here. I'm shocked Zed, Maynard and Dexter let you out of your hole. You are the Gimp, aren't you?

The Gimp? Ouch! You may think I am aligned with those guys and maybe I am. I also could be another poster on this board who took it upon himself to cheer Dexter along and make sure he fully came out of his shell. You will never know.

Incidentally, how much of our healthcare resources are "eaten" up by diseased adult fatties in the years before they die? Culling the human population is not an acceptable answer IMO.

Welcome to the slippery slope of believing "health" is an inalienable right.

The Gimp? Ouch! You may think I am aligned with those guys and maybe I am. I also could be another poster on this board who took it upon himself to cheer Dexter along and make sure he fully came out of his shell. You will never know.

I thought that at one time, until the ridiculous Village people statement. Now? I have no effing clue.

Edited by Marauder24

Wrong. I don't want the government to tell YOU what to eat. I'm saying that if you let your kids become fat little fatties, you're a abusive/neglectful parent.

So fat always equal unhealthy? There are plenty of fat kids that are just fine and happy and loving life. So you're suggesting that the government take the happy, life loving kid away? Are you suggesting we fine the parents? Who will monitor this? Who will pay for this additional bloating of the government? VERY slippery slope indeed.

So fat always equal unhealthy? There are plenty of fat kids that are just fine and happy and loving life. So you're suggesting that the government take the happy, life loving kid away? Are you suggesting we fine the parents? Who will monitor this? Who will pay for this additional bloating of the government? VERY slippery slope indeed.

Fat = healthy? Now THAT is a slippery slope!

Vs people who eat right and stay in perfect shape. After 100 years of perfect health they wake up one day and accept the end has come, Climb up the mountain and dig their own grave.

Vs people who eat right and stay in perfect shape. After 100 years of perfect health they wake up one day and accept the end has come, Climb up the mountain and dig their own grave.

Forgive me for considering statistics while making my argument.

That sounds too easy. Let's let the free market decide instead...

Why do private health insurance companies reimburse gym memberships?

Because they make deals with the gyms and make money off of it. Most people with gym memberships never actually go.

:lol:

You don't honestly think that the insurance companies aren't getting kickbacks from the gyms, do you?

If they weren't, why are only some gyms covered by some insurance companies? If it was purely about health, then the insurance company would cut you a deal with ANY gym.

You don't honestly think that the insurance companies aren't getting kickbacks from the gyms, do you?

If they weren't, why are only some gyms covered by some insurance companies? If it was purely about health, then the insurance company would cut you a deal with ANY gym.

I'm sure you're right. I just think it's funny to argue that being fat does not cause long-term health problems.

I'm sure you're right. I just think it's funny to argue that being fat does not cause long-term health problems.

Oh, I wasn't arguing that, although taking kids away from their parents or fining them or whatever because of their weight seems ridiculous. Kids grow and change. I was overweight as a kid, but once I hit junior high school I turned into a beanpole.

Unfortunately, college and now my 10-hour-a-day deskjob have made me overweight again. :(

Oh, I wasn't arguing that, although taking kids away from their parents or fining them or whatever because of their weight seems ridiculous. Kids grow and change. I was overweight as a kid, but once I hit junior high school I turned into a beanpole.

Unfortunately, college and now my 10-hour-a-day deskjob have made me overweight again. :(

Link

Further, overweight children and adolescents are more likely to become obese adults. For example, one study found that approximately 80 percent of children who were overweight at 10 to 15 years old were obese at 25.4 Another study found that 25 percent of obese adults were overweight as children.4 This study also concluded that if overweight begins before 8 years of age, obesity in adulthood is likely to be more severe.

Not a shot at you Fez, but your post reminded me of this.