Chris Simms or Jevan Snead?

major

To Cincy at pick #35 after we ruin their day by picking Locker! Our new simulation coming out tomorrow has that exact scenario.

Drew Bledsoe needed a great OL and TE to thrive. That said, he won 9 games on the Bills with neither. Mallett might be one of the few people who ever lived that has a better arm than Bledsoe.

If the Bills don't take a qb at 3, and Mallett is still there in the second round (a scenario I will bet money that will not possibly exist), they would continue to be the dumbest, worst drafting team in the history of football if they pass on him.

Jmo, but a strong one.

I wouldnt touch Mallet, and I doubt Buffalo will either. Well documented accuracy problems. Well documented decision making problems. Wasn't Gailey just quoted saying accuracy and decision making are the two most important qualities he looks for in QBs? Yes, he was. Add in alledged drug use and what I will call a 'ryan leaf' personality, and you should be apssed on on draft day.

Levi Brown. He is going to a solid player in this league. All of the tools, but also all of the desire.

Levi was on our team, then got cut. They didn't put him on the PS, they cut him. Once cut - no other team picked him up. No other team put him on their PS. That tells me that all 32 NFL teams don't think he is NFL worthy. When we cut Trent, they brought him back in. I think the only reason was familiarity with the system - they didnt want to bring in a new QB a couple weeks into the season.

It just strikes me as odd that a kid with a big arm and prototypical size, coming out of the SEC struggled so mightily to even get a chance. I know his junior year was a let down with accuracy and decision making issues, but he was undrafted, and cut in July- didn't get a shot anywhere else, and when signed by an arena team, was cut before the season started. Even the fact that despite the fact he had a letdown year, and was projected midrounds- he still chose to come out? Something just isn't right behind the scenes.

With a big body, and a big arm something must be big time wrong in the head for him to get so many doors slammed in his face,

Snead had already graduated when he came out. He would have had to start grad school to stay for his 4th year of eligibility. He was also never any good. He, Andre Woodson, and Jake Locker are all victims of McShays scouting skills and loud mouth. We would have never heard of any of those guys if not for him chatting them up. Their play just never warrented the attention.

Edited by Thoner7

With all this QB talk, maybe we need to sign Jevan Snead or Chris Simms to be our backup. Simms is a backup on the Titans that they keep signing and releasing and I'm not sure where Snead is these days. Why not?

Wow, no thanks, give me Kerry Collins, at least he can play or hopefully Hasselbeck if he gets cut. That would a nice lineup Hasselbeck, Fitz and Gabbert :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

With all this QB talk, maybe we need to sign Jevan Snead or Chris Simms to be our backup. Simms is a backup on the Titans that they keep signing and releasing and I'm not sure where Snead is these days. Why not?

Are you hoping things get worse at the QB position then they already are? I really didn't think it could get much worse, but after reading your post, I was shockingly wrong. Simms, last I heard was knee deep in legal problems and Snead will never accomplish what Losman or Edwards already have. What the Bills need is to draft Newton or Gabbert to back Fitz up for one year, or a part of a year and turn the team over to the young gun and hope for the best. We have most likely seen Fitz's best season, last year, and can only go down hill from there. It would be worth it to resign Fitz as a backup as that is what he is best suited as.