IRS Now Turning Citizens Into Rats

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/04/08/irs-awards-45m-whistleblower/

"It's a win-win for both the government and taxpayers. These are dollars that are being returned to the Treasury that otherwise wouldn't be," Young said.

Odd state of things where someone who assisted the government in confiscating money is celebrated like he's some kind of hero. We've got it wrong. Its the government who are stealing. Would be nice if this rat bastard was unknowingly working for a mob outfit. He wouldn't make it to the bank to deposit the cheque.

Hmmm....can't agree with you on that one.

No question that government is corrupt and criminally wasteful, but I don't see how you make the leap to tacit approval of tax cheats and call for the murder of an honest person who turns in criminals. If we had more people turning in tax cheats perhaps those of us who pay our taxes wouldn't be asked for more so often.

Hmmm....can't agree with you on that one.

No question that government is corrupt and criminally wasteful, but I don't see how you make the leap to tacit approval of tax cheats and call for the murder of an honest person who turns in criminals. If we had more people turning in tax cheats perhaps those of us who pay our taxes wouldn't be asked for more so often.

C'mon, you know I'n not calling for the murder of anyone. For myself, I'm not sure who the cheats are anymore. From my perspective, if you earn money your entitled to keep it. Not saying there shouldn't be taxation but you know where I'm going with this. Like everything else it gets abused.

C'mon, you know I'n not calling for the murder of anyone.

Would be nice if this rat bastard was unknowingly working for a mob outfit. He wouldn't make it to the bank to deposit the cheque.

Uh....ok. :unsure:

From my perspective, if you earn money your entitled to keep it.

Not saying there shouldn't be taxation

No, I have absolutely no idea where you were going with this. If you are trying to argue for a less onerous tax system, than argue that -- you'll certainly find plenty of company. But I don't see how someone who turns in a tax cheat has anything to do with politicians overtaxing Americans. Nor do I understand why you would equate a filthy rodent with the honest person in this story instead of the criminal.

No, I have absolutely no idea where you were going with this. If you are trying to argue for a less onerous tax system, than argue that -- you'll certainly find plenty of company. But I don't see how someone who turns in a tax cheat has anything to do with politicians overtaxing Americans. Nor do I understand why you would equate a filthy rodent with the honest person in this story instead of the criminal.

Didn't know my post would be taken so literally. Obviously, or so I thought, the mob scenario was kind of an exaggeration. For effect I suppose. So I officially retract and apologize for such an irresponsible post.