Buddy Nix effect ?

papazoid

Why did he then reach for Gailey and not hire Marty?

Actually, Buddy left the Chargers right after the '08 draft--so he's responsbile for that awful group. '07 wasn't so great either.What has the "Buddy Nix effect" been in Buffalo as Chief of Scouting and GM?

It's also true that it is possible that AJ Smith and Buddy Nix didn't get along because AJ Smith wouldn't listen to Buddy Nix's advice re drafting.

I disagree.

Nix could have been the strongest MS supporter in San Diego at the time ANDstill have had better reasons to hire Gailey as his coach.

Nix could have been the strongest MS detractor in San Diego at the time and still have had better reasons to hire Gailey as his coach.

Nix and MS could be closeted gay lovers and Nix STILL could have had better reasons to hire Gailey as his coach.

Is it hard to understand that Nix's reasons to hire Gailey don't equate to his reasons NOT to hire Schottenheimer?

GO BILLS!!!

I guess anything's possible. Even though Marty was available and made it clear he wanted the Bills job and Buddy was a strong supporter of Marty's as a HC, it's possible Buddy, for reasons unknown, tnat Buddy went down the list to pick Gailey.

I guess anything's possible. Even though Marty was available and made it clear he wanted the Bills job and Buddy was a strong supporter of Marty's as a HC, it's possible Buddy, for reasons unknown, tnat Buddy went down the list to pick Gailey.

just because only one model graces the cover of SI's swimsuit edition....doesn't make the other girls ugly. for reasons best known to Buddy, he felt Gailey was better than Marty. I'm sure Buddy still thinks highly of Marty.

Why did he then reach for Gailey and not hire Marty?

Actually, Buddy left the Chargers right after the '08 draft--so he's responsbile for that awful group. '07 wasn't so great either.

What has the "Buddy Nix effect" been in Buffalo as Chief of Scouting and GM?

According to Tim Graham, Ralph Wilson wasn't comfortable hiring MS for HC.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/9487/marty-schottenheimer-wanted-bills-gig

Does anyone know to a certainty that MS wanted the job with the Bills, or that he lobbied for it? Did Wilson, Nix or Shottenheimer ever come out and say so? The only quote about the Bills HC job I ever heard Marty make came several years ago when he made it clear he'd never, ever want to coach the Bills.

Does anyone know to a certainty that MS wanted the job with the Bills, or that he lobbied for it? Did Wilson, Nix or Shottenheimer ever come out and say so? The only quote about the Bills HC job I ever heard Marty make came several years ago when he made it clear he'd never, ever want to coach the Bills.

Marty's responses went the gamut.....first he was quoted by several sources claiming he did not want the job. then he was quoted as saying he "was not likely to get the job" (code for he is interested).

http://www.wgrz.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=73279&catid=4

then he was quoted as wanting the job:

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/9487/marty-schottenheimer-wanted-bills-gig