Peter King's MMQB

Dareus cooling off. (I never warmed up to him...LOL)

Bills like Peterson and Miller a lot...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/peter_king/03/27/mmqb/index.html

Take it for what it's worth I guess.

I know that as the draft approaches the Bills and their fans routinely find a way to rationalize the irrational, but I hope the Bills don't go small with this pick.

Peterson is big for a CB, but he's still just another perimeter player. The Bills have had relatively good cb play for a very long time now. It hasn't changed their fortunes. When is a shutdown cb not a shutdown cb? When the opposition can run at will and doesn't have to play from behind very often. That's the Bills to a tee.

Miller is very athletic, but is not big for a 3-4 OLB. The Bills greatest problem on defense last year was "setting the edge" against the oppositions run game. I think Miller is a great space player, but a bad fit for a team that doesn't score a lot. He will be asked to do a lot more of what he doesn't do well, which is take on and shed blockers. Wasted talent.

When Buddy came here, he said he wanted to get bigger. Using your first two #1's on an undersized RB and then a corner or an undersized LB does not seem consistent with that goal.