Coahces and FO stance on Fitz

You need more than smarts and the playbook. You need experience. You should know this, given the field you're in.

Yes, very good, "green" means inexperienced. Did you think I meant "unripe?"

Nelson played very well...for an undrafted rookie. It still doesn't mean he wasn't inexperienced and won't improve. Which is the point. Same goes for Jones and Roosevelt (there's also Easley, who didn't have a chance to show anything during the season). But no, let's fire Modkins because the offense scored 1 more PPG than 2009.

As for Stevie, his first game with Fitz saw him catch 3 passes for 66 yards and a TD. Extrapolating those yards over 16 games and you get what his season turned out to be. It took him until his 7th game to eclipse 100 yards, but again that goes back to the experience thing. And he was as inconsistent (i.e. having a few catches and yards for several games and then breaking out for a big game here and there) as you slammed TO for being last year.

Speaking of TO and my "fetish," oh, the irony! Suffice it to say that your claims of TO being "washed up" proved dead wrong, although you were correct that someone "had to catch all those passes." And yet, the Bills finished with a worse record that 2009. Go figure.

Among the other points I made was having Bell and Wood participating fully in off-season workouts, practices, and training camp, and the RT candidates on the roster will have a full off-season with the team. And no name for a rookie TE? You seemed to know all about Aaron Hernandez.

Playing "very well" in the NFL is, well playing very well--regardless of experience. Everybody may "get better" with experience. Our WRs were not a problem last year.

You were clearly implying that Fitz and the Bills offense were held back by the inexperience of the young WRs, despite them having as good or better performances than the vets they replaced. I'll grant you there was some inconsistency to his game, but as you pointed out, aging future HOFers have the same problem.

Yes, I was correct that "someone had to catch all those passes"--although you insisted (incredibly) this wouldn't be the case for the better part of a year. I figured that, with a new caoching staff, there was simply no way the Bills would lose more games than with DJ--I predicted 8-8. I was way off. As for TO, it may be that I was about 12 games or so off of my "washed up prediction".

What's wrong with Hernandez?

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Playing "very well" in the NFL is, well playing very well--regardless of experience. Everybody may "get better" with experience. Our WRs were not a problem last year.

You were clearly implying that Fitz and the Bills offense were held back by the inexperience of the young WRs, despite them having as good or better performances than the vets they replaced. I'll grant you there was some inconsistency to his game, but as you pointed out, aging future HOFers have the same problem.

Yes, I was correct that "someone had to catch all those passes"--although you insisted (incredibly) this wouldn't be the case for the better part of a year. I figured that, with a new caoching staff, there was simply no way the Bills would lose more games than with DJ--I predicted 8-8. I was way off. As for TO, it may be that I was about 12 games or so off of my "washed up prediction".

What's wrong with Hernandez?

Actually what I said was that the offense was held back by several factors, including, but not limited to, the WR's. You OTOH said "the offense only scored 1 PPG more than 2009, fire Modkins!"

The offense wasn't that good, therefore the WR's were part of the problem. There is talent there, so WR doesn't need to be addressed in the draft or FA, IMHO. But the unit needs to improve, as do other areas.

As for TO, what I said is that it's not as simple as saying "Miles Austin replaced TO, it's guaranteed that someone will replace him on the Bills," seeing as how no one replaced him on the 49'ers or Eagles for several years. Again I'm ecstatic that Stevie had a good season, whereas you were looking for every excuse in the book to explain how TO could be in the top-5 in every major receiving category until getting injured, even going so far as to claim that Palmer is a "Pro Bowl QB." :lol:

I have nothing against Hernandez. You should however, since he's a pot smoker. It's funny that you don't.

Edited by Doc