MS Walk 2011 - Walking for Hope!

rockpile

It's that time of year where I ask my friends at Two Bills Drive to sponsor me in the MS walk.

Since 2002, I have done the MS Walk every year, and TBD has been responsible for 90% of the money donated to the Natoinal Multiple Sclerosis Society to help those with MS, and fund research to find a CURE.

The cumulative total YOU have helped me raise to date is over $9,000 !

This year daughter, Babyrock has her own walk/team in Connecticut on April 10th, appropriately named The Rockpile. :thumbsup:

I am walking in Rochester on May 1st with my team, Grovers' Rovers, to honor a friend.

My team will be comprised of friends, as well as Mrs Rock, my other three children, and grandchildren!

I know times are tough. In the last four years, I have been laid off, worked on contract, worked part time, and collected unemployment. I am fortunate to be employed again. The new career will not make me rich but I am learning new skills every day!

Those who know me, also know I have multiple sclerosis. I am on a regimen of medicines that reduce the frequency of attacks, but there is no cure. I am not complaining!

Whether you can contribute $1, $5, $10, or more, it adds up and it MATTERS.

Sponsor Babyrock by clicking here: April 1st walk (bonus here is a good laugh at a photo of me from when I was a 19 year old 'hippie' :lol:

Sponsor Rockpile by clicking here: May 1st walk

About me:

Since I was diagnosed with MS in 1994, I have been on a range of treatments to keep my incurable disease in remission.

This means I have *fewer* attacks (aka exacerbations) to slow down progression of my MS, but I want a cure!

I am walking in Rochester NY in May, and will try to walk in Connecticut in April.

* I walk for those who cannot walk.

* I walk for those who find going from the kitchen to the bedroom a marathon.

* I walk for the less fortunate.

YOU ARE MY HEROES!!

I can walk, talk, work, see, hear, and live a normal life (normal from my perspective anyway ha-ha!).

I can hug my kids and grandchildren.

I can walk on the beach, enjoy a sunset, and hold hands with my lovely wife.

GIVE if you can - A SINGLE dollar helps. No gift is too small, or too large, and all donations are equal in my eyes! *-)

Remember: When MS hits you, it takes a chunk of you away, but when it leaves, it never gives it ALL back.

Thank you.

moderators - please move to off topic, sorry!

moderators - please move to "off topic"

sorry!

Bayrock's page was up first, thanks for donating to her and when I got my act together, to me! :thumbsup:

I was gonna ask her if you were doing it this year or not - otherwise hers would have been double ;)

:worthy: The Rock Family!

• 2 weeks later...

[/b]About me:

Since I was diagnosed with MS in 1994, I have been on a range of treatments to keep my incurable disease in remission.

This means I have *fewer* attacks (aka exacerbations) to slow down progression of my MS, but I want a cure!

I am walking in Rochester NY in May, and will try to walk in Connecticut in April.

* I walk for those who cannot walk.

* I walk for those who find going from the kitchen to the bedroom a marathon.

* I walk for the less fortunate.

YOU ARE MY HEROES!!

I can walk, talk, work, see, hear, and live a normal life (normal from my perspective anyway ha-ha!).

I can hug my kids and grandchildren.

I can walk on the beach, enjoy a sunset, and hold hands with my lovely wife.

Gotta say that really puts things in perspective. Makes you appreciate the things you have in life. Good luck with the walk!

• 2 weeks later...

As of April 25, the grand total for the MS Walk this Sunday is $1,050 in sponsors and pledges received.

We are $450 short of our goal, and the walk is this week IF you are able and want to contribute.

My thanks to all! :worthy: