Banks a bad investment?

...in the days of the free market when our country was a top industrial power, there was accountability to the stockholder. The Carnegies, the Mellons, the men that built this great industrial empire, made sure of it because it was their money at stake. Today, management has no stake in the company!

yeah your mom is waiting for you to move out before she fixes it up into a sex dungeon.

I'll be waiting for Booster to show up and call you a piece of ****, waste of skin, mother !@#$er for four pages for this post. Oh that's right, he saves those praises for me. :lol:

JP Morgan was no saint, let's not kid ourselves. But that was before the existing Federal Reserve system so at least he ran a private company.

The problem I have with today's banks and their massive government support, is you have management teams that stay in power for years, reaping the fruits of this governmental support for themselves and their entrenched buddies.

So let's call places like Goldman and BofA what they are: governmnent finance and trading companies. And have their upper levels of management subject to congressional approval and term limits. Spread the wealth the around. Right now you have a Lloyd Blankfein making tens of millions a year without term limit at his quasi-government job.

JP Morgan was no saint, let's not kid ourselves. But that was before the existing Federal Reserve system so at least he ran a private company.

The problem I have with today's banks and their massive government support, is you have management teams that stay in power for years, reaping the fruits of this governmental support for themselves and their entrenched buddies.

So let's call places like Goldman and BofA what they are: governmnent finance and trading companies. And have their upper levels of management subject to congressional approval and term limits. Spread the wealth the around. Right now you have a Lloyd Blankfein making tens of millions a year without term limit at his quasi-government job.

WTF are you talking about, it's a corporation? This isn't subject to "term limits".

JP Morgan did use a lot of dirty jokes on Match Game but I don't see how that applies with all of that other crap.

actually our government is a quasi-banking agency.

lol, seems that way some times. But difference is one of those agencies your term is often limited and salary capped at a few hundred thousand. The other there's no limit on term or annual compensation which has exceeded $100 million in some cases.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

lol, seems that way some times. But difference is one of those agencies your term is often limited and salary capped at a few hundred thousand. The other there's no limit on term or annual compensation which has exceeded $100 million in some cases.

Don't worry they save your money for later- you can work direct like Tony Blair or get paid by speech money funneled through institutes or maybe your wife will get a cushy job or they will hire all your children.