2011 Playoffs

So I was thinking about it and I know it is a LOOOOOONG way away and even farther since we don't even have a new CBA, and FA and the draft haven't even happened, but what teams do you think will reach the playoffs this upcoming year? Beak them down by AFC and NFC.

AFC:

1- Baltimore- They are strong all the way around and I fully expect them to be the front runner in the AFC. Not completely sold on Flacco yet, but their D and O-Line will carry them.

2- San Diego- Everyone keeps saying that this is the year. Over and over, year after year. But I think PRiv and the crew put it together this year.

3- Indianapolis- They will get into the playoffs because they play in a weak division, a team IMO that is on the downslide.

4- New England- I am not a huge fan of Brady but they went 14-2 last year with guys like Woodhead.

5- Pittsburgh- Not the flashy team that we see all the time, but they just do what they do.

6- NYJ- HATE Rex Ryan but they put a winner out there. Tough D and if Sanchez gets hurt they may actually go further.

NFC:

1- Green Bay- Core nucleus is coming back and all the IR players. This is a deep young team.

2- Atlanta- Strong team all the way around. Play like beasts at home.

3- Philadelphia- If Vick plays like he did last year, watch out.

4- San Fransisco- They have too many 1st round picks to be bad. If they get someone worth half a grain of salt at QB they could be a contender.

5- New Orleans- Brees is just too good to be sitting at home in January. They make it, but they are not as strong as 2009.

6- Dallas- Hate the Cowgirls but they do have talent on their roster. I think they put it into play this year.

So that is my list. A few different teams from this year, but not too many. I am sure there are some posters that will have different ideas, but post them! And like I said, it is EARLY and A LOT will happen between now and the season, I am just judging on what ball clubs normally do between draft/FA.

Edited by packfntk

So I was thinking about it and I know it is a LOOOOOONG way away and even farther since we don't even have a new CBA, and FA and the draft haven't even happened, but what teams do you think will reach the playoffs this upcoming year? Beak them down by AFC and NFC.

AFC:

1- Baltimore- They are strong all the way around and I fully expect them to be the front runner in the AFC. Not completely sold on Flacco yet, but their D and O-Line will carry them.

2- San Diego- Everyone keeps saying that this is the year. Over and over, year after year. But I think PRiv and the crew put it together this year.

3- Indianapolis- They will get into the playoffs because they play in a weak division, a team IMO that is on the downslide.

4- New England- I am not a huge fan of Brady but they went 14-2 last year with guys like Woodhead.

5- Pittsburgh- Not the flashy team that we see all the time, but they just do what they do.

6- NYJ- HATE Rex Ryan but they put a winner out there. Tough D and if Sanchez gets hurt they may actually go further.

NFC:

1- Green Bay- Core nucleus is coming back and all the IR players. This is a deep young team.

2- Atlanta- Strong team all the way around. Play like beasts at home.

3- Philadelphia- If Vick plays like he did last year, watch out.

4- San Fransisco- They have too many 1st round picks to be bad. If they get someone worth half a grain of salt at QB they could be a contender.

5- New Orleans- Brees is just too good to be sitting at home in January. They make it, but they are not as strong as 2009.

6- Dallas- Hate the Cowgirls but they do have talent on their roster. I think they put it into play this year.

So that is my list. A few different teams from this year, but not too many. I am sure there are some posters that will have different ideas, but post them! And like I said, it is EARLY and A LOT will happen between now and the season, I am just judging on what ball clubs normally do between draft/FA.

Wow you really went out on a limb with these picks, huh? Correction: 2012 playoffs. If the Bills can plug a few holes and Fitzy stops making those one or two boneheaded throws per game, I'll take the Bills to claim a wild card over the Jets this year.

Wow you really went out on a limb with these picks, huh? Correction: 2012 playoffs. If the Bills can plug a few holes and Fitzy stops making those one or two boneheaded throws per game, I'll take the Bills to claim a wild card over the Jets this year.

Sorry, playoffs for the 2011 YEAR. And I am really sorry, I like the Bills and everything, but they are 2-3 years out.

AFC-1.Baltimore

2.NY Jets

3.Oakland

4.Houston

5.Jacksonville

6.Buffalo

Buffalo upsets Oakland in WC round....Texans get past Jags

Divisional round Buffalo's Fitzpatrick again torches Ravens D and they don't get screwed in OT again...The Jets make their 3rd straight AFC title game over Houston.

AFC Championship The Jets stake their claim as the Eagles of the 2010's by succombing to the surprising upstart Buffalo Bills, who look to become the 2nd straight 6 seed to win the SB.

NFC-1.St. Louis

2.Dallas

3.Green Bay

4.Tampa Bay

5.New Orleans

6.Detroit

Detroit shocks the Pack behind the healed shoulder of Stafford and the dominance of Suh...The Saints again lay a 1st round egg vs TB.

Divisionals...The Stafford vs Bradford battle is won by the Lions....Josh Freeman leads the Bucs over the Boys.

NFC Championship-Detroit beats TB in OT to get to their first ever SB.

And...drum roll please...the BUFFALO BILLS celebrate the city's first SB title in grand fashion by humiliating the Lions 41-13 and the Amish Rifle is going to Disney World.

And yes I am a homer. I also thought this would be much more fun than the usual NE/Ind/SD/Bal/Pit crap that I'm sure will flood the gates here.

GO BILLS!!!!

Edited by machinegun12

Sorry, playoffs for the 2011 YEAR. And I am really sorry, I like the Bills and everything, but they are 2-3 years out.

Yup I think realistically, Buffalo moves back to 6-10 or 7-9 territory this year. I think with 2 more drafts and FA seasons, they should break into the playoffs in 2012 or 2013.

Yea I think they'd have to leap frog A LOT of teams. Even if the jets or Indy slide from the original post there's still jax, houston, kc, Oakland...

Right now were scrapping with Miami, Cleveland, Denver, etc... To see who jumps into that 8-8, so close but so far group that might take another step a year down the line.

Every year, i say the Bills starts the season 1-5 since we can't win any divisional games. You're dreaming. Until we do, this team's going nowhere. This team is at least 4 or 5 years from making the playoffs. At least.

"Playoffs? Don’t talk about — playoffs? You kidding me? Playoffs?"

I will never say never when it comes to the NFL. You don't know when a team is going to explode or implode.

Edited by Van_phelaN1

AFC-1.Baltimore

2.NY Jets

3.Oakland

4.Houston

5.Jacksonville

6.Buffalo

Buffalo upsets Oakland in WC round....Texans get past Jags

Divisional round Buffalo's Fitzpatrick again torches Ravens D and they don't get screwed in OT again...The Jets make their 3rd straight AFC title game over Houston.

AFC Championship The Jets stake their claim as the Eagles of the 2010's by succombing to the surprising upstart Buffalo Bills, who look to become the 2nd straight 6 seed to win the SB.

NFC-1.St. Louis

2.Dallas

3.Green Bay

4.Tampa Bay

5.New Orleans

6.Detroit

Detroit shocks the Pack behind the healed shoulder of Stafford and the dominance of Suh...The Saints again lay a 1st round egg vs TB.

Divisionals...The Stafford vs Bradford battle is won by the Lions....Josh Freeman leads the Bucs over the Boys.

NFC Championship-Detroit beats TB in OT to get to their first ever SB.

And...drum roll please...the BUFFALO BILLS celebrate the city's first SB title in grand fashion by humiliating the Lions 41-13 and the Amish Rifle is going to Disney World.

And yes I am a homer. I also thought this would be much more fun than the usual NE/Ind/SD/Bal/Pit crap that I'm sure will flood the gates here.

GO BILLS!!!!

I love it! I also think it will never happen, but that would be a MUCH more interesting playoffs then the Cheatriots choking in the playoffs, the Steelers winning any AFC playoff game that's not against the Patriots, and everyone going on about the same QBs year after year.