Chad Reuter (Sports Xchange) Ranks 3-4 prospects

Wrong. The linebackers have become an all purpose excuse.

Kyle Williams never "blew up the center" with his bulk like a Wilfork, Ngata or Pat Williams would. Seriously, how many times did you see Williams push the center back into the backfield? He penetrates gaps. Because it's not his best position, is the reason Bills used their 2nd round pick last year to on a Nose Tackle.

He penetrates, he would no matter where you put him. But he's not stout enough to hold his ground against double and triple teams be an effective run stopper. Stats dont lie

Are you saying he's not stout enough to play nose in the 3-4?

Wrong. The linebackers have become an all purpose excuse.

Kyle Williams never "blew up the center" with his bulk like a Wilfork, Ngata or Pat Williams would. Seriously, how many times did you see Williams push the center back into the backfield? He penetrates gaps. Because it's not his best position, is the reason Bills used their 2nd round pick last year to on a Nose Tackle.

Our LBs and DEs were the reason our defense sucked so bad last season. If anyone is trying to find an all purpose excuse it's those that insist KW was a liability in our 34 front last season. It's as if they don't watch the games.

I will agree that Williams would be very good as a 43 tackle. He's proven that. But he's just as good as a 1gap NT in the 34. An NT doesn't have to blow up centers if he's capable of occupying them otherwise. Williams did that very well as he was constantly double-teamed.

Our front seven sucked in '09 playing a 40 and again in '10 playing a 30. Other than Williams, who made the Pro Bowl while playing on the worst run D in the league (very hard to do, btw), what did those two defenses have in common? That's right, a terrible group of LBs and, aside from Schobel, really bad DEs.

GO BILLS!!!

What i don't understand is why "Kyle Williams can't play the nose" even though he's double teamed on the majority of snaps. He's occupying 2 blockers, so what does it matter if he's a fat blob or a penetrating tackle? If anything, KW is better, because unlike the fat blobs around the league, Williams can be left in on passing downs.

Whats the difference if KW "blows up" the center into the backfield, or simply blows by him into the backfield?

What i don't understand is why "Kyle Williams can't play the nose" even though he's double teamed on the majority of snaps. He's occupying 2 blockers, so what does it matter if he's a fat blob or a penetrating tackle? If anything, KW is better, because unlike the fat blobs around the league, Williams can be left in on passing downs.

Whats the difference if KW "blows up" the center into the backfield, or simply blows by him into the backfield?

It does matter to a degree, but mostly on running plays. If Williams blows by the line and misses, an offense can still make a successful play at times.

I didn't appreciate Kyle Williams until last season. He sold me on the fact that he is a very good player and I posted about him week after week. But, he really isn't a true nose.

Are you old enough to remember Gilbert Brown? He was so strong that he pushed entire plays into the backfield. Ted Washington was a human wall. It was hardly possible at all to push him backwards. He was so good that Bills Parcells said that he was the reason they signed Kevin Mawae as a free agent. Kris Jenkins, before the injuries was perhaps the best player in the league for a short time. Btw, true nose tackles are very frequently injured because despite their massive body structures, their knees, ankles and feet resemble those of normally sized people.

In summary, Kyle Williams, although a fine player, is too physically limited imo to be one of the great nose tackles. But as you say, he is also a double threat, and I guy I would want on my team any day.