Greg Jones, Michigan St.

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2011/02/why_greg_jones_doesnt_regret_h.html

I really like this kid. Super productive in 2009, then came back for his senior season and was consistently double-teamed, resulting in lower production. Team leader and great tackler. And, the thinking is that he'd move inside in the NFL. Nix says we are going to add 2 DEs and 2ILBs, wonder if they're targeting Jones with the second round pick.

i would much rather have Martez Wilson from Illinois; also, big on my list as a good, solid player with not much hype is colin mccarthy from Miami - EXCELLENT tackler...i still can't decide if I would prefer Sturdivant or mccarthy in the 3rd..

Edited by bobobonators

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2011/02/why_greg_jones_doesnt_regret_h.html

I really like this kid. Super productive in 2009, then came back for his senior season and was consistently double-teamed, resulting in lower production. Team leader and great tackler. And, the thinking is that he'd move inside in the NFL. Nix says we are going to add 2 DEs and 2ILBs, wonder if they're targeting Jones with the second round pick.

Where did he say that? I sure hope he does

i would much rather have Martez Wilson from Illinois; also, big on my list as a good, solid player with not much hype is colin mccarthy from Miami - EXCELLENT tackler...i still can't decide if I would prefer Sturdivant or mccarthy in the 3rd..

From what I've read, I'd prefer McCarthy to Greg Jones. I've read that Jones is not strong against the run

(he is a good drag-down tackler though). The Bills need someone who can step up and fill the lanes

without being dragged for several yards.

Is Greg Jones a bad player? No, but (IMHO) when the rest of your defense lacks the ability to stack

the run, his short-comings will be magnified.

From what I've read, I'd prefer McCarthy to Greg Jones. I've read that Jones is not strong against the run

(he is a good drag-down tackler though). The Bills need someone who can step up and fill the lanes

without being dragged for several yards.

Is Greg Jones a bad player? No, but (IMHO) when the rest of your defense lacks the ability to stack

the run, his short-comings will be magnified.

We need a thumper next to Poz. I like Shepard, I don't exactly know if he is the guy for that job but Gailey praised his natural ability to lead. (maked the defensive calls in the Senior Bowl)

Not very familiar with McCarthy, though, the first time I watched him was in the Senior Bowl.

I really like him. He's a projected low first round or high to mid second rounder, so he could be a good fit for us with our second pick. He is good against the run from what I've seen, though he's not a "thumper" as one guy said. He is what I think we need though, a speedy playmaker who runs sideline to sideline well, and flat out makes plays. He's also a great leader/locker room guy. He is definitely undersized, and that's his biggest deficit.