DEs/DTs

Rockinon

Yea, if he is there at #34. Two big DEs would really make all of our LBs look better. I'd still like to get an ILB somewhere.

JJ Watt definitely won't be there at #34, but Adrian Clayborn or Cam Heyward might be. I'd love to draft Dareus at #3, one of those guys at #34, and then Colin McCarthy or Kelvin Sheppard in the 3rd or 4th round.

With the BILLS in desperate need of a big old DT, who do you look at from history's past to point at and say this is why we should take a DT 1st round, and who compares to that player in this years draft???

Have fun with this one... :thumbsup:

With the BILLS in desperate need of a big old DT, who do you look at from history's past to point at and say this is why we should take a DT 1st round, and who compares to that player in this years draft???

Have fun with this one... :thumbsup:

I don't know that they need a "big old DT" in round 1. Kyle Williams is pretty good and they spent

an early #2 on Torrel Troup last year (and he should be much better next year).

If they draft a DT in round 1, it will necessarily push Williams to the bench or put him out of

position at DE and keep Troup on the bench. From an investment perspective, I can't see a team

being able to have a #1 and #2 pick at NT.

I don't know that they need a "big old DT" in round 1. Kyle Williams is pretty good and they spent

an early #2 on Torrel Troup last year (and he should be much better next year).

If they draft a DT in round 1, it will necessarily push Williams to the bench or put him out of

position at DE and keep Troup on the bench. From an investment perspective, I can't see a team

being able to have a #1 and #2 pick at NT.

I disagree. Just because Troupe is a year older, doesnt mean its a given he improves. I also think that you need at least 2 guys at NG, and just because he isnt the starter doesnt mean he wont play. I also want to move KW to end where I think he fits better, so we could improve DE by adding a NG.

I disagree. Just because Troupe is a year older, doesnt mean its a given he improves. I also think that you need at least 2 guys at NG, and just because he isnt the starter doesnt mean he wont play. I also want to move KW to end where I think he fits better, so we could improve DE by adding a NG.

You may be right, but I have a hard time believing that 6'1 1/2" Williams is the answer at 3-4 DE, when teams

are looking for DEs that are 6'4"+. I also think that there is no reason to believe that Troup won't improve in

his second year. Plus a #1 pick and a #2 pick at NT is going to be hard to support in terms of roster composition.

I think that Williams has SOME chance to succeed at DE, but I think that is questionable - just my $.02 worth though.

Stay away from Fairley IMHO. He looks wimpy compared to many of the other DL and he

really has some questions to answer in terms of why he only produced for 1 year. He doesn't

look like he has worked very hard in preparation for the combine (at least to me).

While I would prefer a DL over a LB, I think Von Miller is a safer pick if Dareus or Bowers

isn't available when the Bills pick. I MIGHT prefer Cam Jordan over Fairley at this point.

Flame away...

Edited by OldTimer1960

Well Williams is a beast, he is not a pure NT, and we need that, regardless of what was drafted LAST year, we need big bodies to help spot the run (last against the run) so the BILLS will need to add some gerth to that line. If its DE fine, but even if we are depending on last years draft, we still need depth and a first round pick at DT wouldn't surprise me and it shouldn't surprise you.

Troupe and Williams. 1+1=2 nose guards. They'll be looking at big ol' DEs though.