Draft Rules

C.Biscuit97

There are some good posters here with some good football knowledge, especially considering the draft. There are also some posters who are the kings of hindsight. I thought it would be a good topic to get some general rules that NFL teams should consider before drafting. Since the draft isn't an exact science, this rules aren't concrete. But they are good rules of thumb. I'll start:

1) The Losman Law - Don't get stuck on a position coming into the draft & draft it now matter what. TD :devil: wanted a qb in JP's draft. He tried to get Big Ben but when he couldn't, he settled on the 4th qb drafted in the 1st round. Not a good decision.

Next

Draft BPA is a joke. There is no way you are so perfect with your scouting year in and year out that you could tell me that teh #2 player on your board is going to be that much better than your 4th, 5th, or 10th. If you need a Dlineman and he isnt the best player on your board, he is 2nd or 3rd best, you still take him. Because after 10 years that player is just as likely to be better than your BPA and vica versa.

Im not saying drop down 20 slots to get a position you want, but strictly drafting BPA regardless is stupid.

Edited by Thoner7