Hey Government!!

Chef Jim

This goes back 6 years:

NYC, 2005 Incident

What Chef is saying is all fine and dandy... Yet, it only takes small amounts to infect good raw supply. How do we control it if the genie slowly gets out of the bottle and things start spreading... God forbid infringe on his right to eat raw milk products! :wallbash:

...And if they do start dieing? We aren't talking carp here. :P

35 cases over 3 years. Run for the hills!!!!!!!!!!

And I get around the government rules regarding raw milk unaged cheese. I make my own.

The world could use a nice thinning of the heard.

35 cases over 3 years. Run for the hills!!!!!!!!!!

And I get around the government rules regarding raw milk unaged cheese. I make my own.

The world could use a nice thinning of the heard.

I know.. Laugh... But what stops it from snowballing... Just think if the NYC health department was not ont he ball. Same with Typhoid Mary back in the day... You think in this political climate they can trample on "people's rights" like they di back in the day? :lol:

I know.. Laugh... But what stops it from snowballing... Just think if the NYC health department was not ont he ball. Same with Typhoid Mary back in the day... You think in this political climate they can trample on "people's rights" like they di back in the day? :lol:

Damn, it must suck going through life worrying about someone coughing on you and getting TB.

Want to take a guess where that cheese was manufactured? Wasn't in a clean facility in the U.S. that's for sure.

No the restaurant business had been geared towards provention for the past 15-20 years. Major changes have been made in the education of handling of food to prevent food borne illnesses. My point is the government is never satisfied and want more and more regulation. Once again if people were dying left and right I'd see the need for more regulation but they're not.

But we're talking less point-of-preparation and more point-of-production here...

...which leads to me saying that you bring up an interesting point: the prime motivation behind this is the salmonella outbreak in 2010, that resulted in at least one egg manufacturer being found in serious violation of health and safety standards. So the problem isn't actually poor regulation, it's lack of enforcement by the government. New regulations wouldn't be required if the government would do its damn job for once instead of playing electoral politics.

Funny how that's a recurrent theme, i'n't it?

Damn, it must suck going through life worrying about someone coughing on you and getting TB.

Want to take a guess where that cheese was manufactured? Wasn't in a clean facility in the U.S. that's for sure.

I'll let it go... There is no point arguing with you. If you want to eat raw milk... So be it, but when you do... Find your supplier that "plays the game" with the ag department.

Immigrants were sickened by cheese they had imported from Mexico.

FDA claimed that properly labelling the cheese in English would have mitigated the problem.

:wallbash:

I'll let it go... There is no point arguing with you. If you want to eat raw milk... So be it, but when you do... Find your supplier that "plays the game" with the ag department.

Or he could buy a cow and milk it himself.

But we're talking less point-of-preparation and more point-of-production here...

...which leads to me saying that you bring up an interesting point: the prime motivation behind this is the salmonella outbreak in 2010, that resulted in at least one egg manufacturer being found in serious violation of health and safety standards. So the problem isn't actually poor regulation, it's lack of enforcement by the government. New regulations wouldn't be required if the government would do its damn job for once instead of playing electoral politics.

Funny how that's a recurrent theme, i'n't it?

True. Yet, it beacause you get the "Chefs" out there screaming they are putting people out of business... So the gov't plays the fence and gets burned. I see it even where I work... Too heavy a hand and they take flak... Not enough and the gov't gets hung out to dry.

Bottom line... Gov't can't win even when trying to protect its own people.

Like I said... How do you think they would handle a Typhoid Mary thing now... My God, the poor woman's rights were trampled on! ;)

Or he could buy a cow and milk it himself.

I was gonna say that! I got no prob with that... :D

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

True. Yet, it beacause you get the "Chefs" out there screaming they are putting people out of business... So the gov't plays the fence and gets burned. I see it even where I work... Too heavy a hand and they take flak... Not enough and the gov't gets hung out to dry.

Bottom line... Gov't can't win even when trying to protect its own people.

Trust me...our government works for itself, not us. Lots of the worker-bees work for their country (in my current job, a lot of the GS-type government employees I work with sincerely believe it's their patriotic duty to work hard and well), the appointees and elected bozos I wouldn't buy a stick of gum from.

Like I said... How do you think they would handle a Typhoid Mary thing now... My God, the poor woman's rights were trampled on! ;)

I used to discuss that with Paul...if there were ever a bio-attack, that attitude was expected to be a big hindrance to response.

I also recall interviews with the guys that eliminated smallpox where they basically said "No way that'll ever happen again"...turns out smallpox eradication was accomplished in large part by violating damn near everyone's civil rights in the vicinity of an outbreak, and everyone involved knows damned well that no one can ever do that again without facing an international criminal court, because people now have in effect an absolute individual right to perpetuate epidemics... :wacko:

This goes back 6 years:

NYC, 2005 Incident

What Chef is saying is all fine and dandy... Yet, it only takes small amounts to infect good raw supply. How do we control it if the genie slowly gets out of the bottle and things start spreading... God forbid infringe on his right to eat raw milk products! :wallbash:

The New York cases prompted the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) this week to warn against consuming raw-milk soft cheeses, especially those imported from Mexico, Nicaragua, and Honduras.

NYCDH Commissioner Thomas R. Frieden stated, "As a rule, people should not eat food products that are unlabeled or not labeled in English, as is required by law. Illegally imported food products may not be manufactured or packaged in compliance with the FDA's strict regulations; consuming these products may endanger your health."

Yeah, unlabeled cheese from Nicaragua is clearly a epidemic in this country, so let's regulate small American producers out of business. No one is forcing you to buy artisan cheese. You can sit safe at home and eat all the irradiated, ultra pasteurized Kraft cheese like product you wish, so why not let other people make their own choice's?

Trust me...our government works for itself, not us. Lots of the worker-bees work for their country (in my current job, a lot of the GS-type government employees I work with sincerely believe it's their patriotic duty to work hard and well), the appointees and elected bozos I wouldn't buy a stick of gum from.

I used to discuss that with Paul...if there were ever a bio-attack, that attitude was expected to be a big hindrance to response.

I also recall interviews with the guys that eliminated smallpox where they basically said "No way that'll ever happen again"...turns out smallpox eradication was accomplished in large part by violating damn near everyone's civil rights in the vicinity of an outbreak, and everyone involved knows damned well that no one can ever do that again without facing an international criminal court, because people now have in effect an absolute individual right to perpetuate epidemics... :wacko:

Yeah... I can't agree more... Well said.

Well my job is done here. I've caused PPP chaos. Tom and EII skipping merrily hand in hand.

It's our quarterly lack of disagreement. It's happened before.

:lol: :lol:

You he is gonna rebel against the love!

;)

Yeah...you're still a !@#$ing idiot.

(Phew. Not filtered yet.)

Edited by DC Tom