GOP House Budget

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spending less is always a bad thing when you're underwater in your mortgage, have two car loans, Comcast/TWC/Verizon triple play, smartphones with two year data plan, no salary increase in sight, a fishing boat, summer cottage, RV, three flat screen TVs and an iPad for everyone in the house. That stuff's a lot more important than buying healthcare insurance.

Good. The fact that 1.3 million jobs would be created (or saved) by increased government spending is simply an indication that the government spending is excessive and exerts far too much effect on the economy.

Uh-huh..."We're responsible for you so you don't have to be." Good plan...if you're a nine year old.

Good? Are you a social Darwinist or just a regular jerk?

Also, doesn't it show that the sacred free market isn't doing enough?

If you call this plan "being responsible" you are just being stupid. But I already knew that about you. I love your non-partisan stance here, too, btw :thumbsup:

I don't suppose you can dig up Zandi's original projections of what the stimulus plan would accomplish in 2009?

How did that prediction work out?

Probably better than all the Conservatives who predicted Bill Clinton's tax increase would "kill, I telling it's going to just KILL the economy!" :doh:

Probably better than all the Conservatives who predicted Bill Clinton's tax increase would "kill, I telling it's going to just KILL the economy!" :doh:

Was that the tax increase that caused the economic growth to dip in his first term and threatened his re election?

Or are you talking about the capital gains tax CUT that he put in place in his second term that fueled the dot com bubble?

Edited by GG

Good? Are you a social Darwinist or just a regular jerk?

Darwinist.

Also, doesn't it show that the sacred free market isn't doing enough?

Nope. It shows there is no free market; the government's too involved.

If you call this plan "being responsible" you are just being stupid. But I already knew that about you. I love your non-partisan stance here, too, btw :thumbsup:

So spending money you don't have to take care of people who shouldn't need to be babied is "responsible"?

This is why I'm a social Darwinist. People like you deserve to be naturally selected against.

Was that the tax increase that caused the economic growth to dip in his first term and threatened his re election?

"Because of the failed policies of the Bush administration" - Nancy Pelosi.