Bob Sanders Released

NewEra

Also:

Rams cut FS O.J. Atogwe ---3rd best Free Agent Safety, after Weddle and Landry

Texans cut FS Eugene Wilson

Texans cut WR Andre' Davis

I think we really need to stay on top of any potential upgrades, including short term for somewhat reasonable pay. We are a couple year away i think still.

need to fill gaps with exp NFLers to help our youngsters become better players. When you field a better team that has good balance ithink everyone is more likely to stay healthier longer. (does not apply to Sanders so much). If we can grab some solid Fa this year we should be ready to spend for them.

I do hope we can make some additions using FA this year. I am still waiting to hear about that Miami NT is going to be asking for if he leaves. That an Addition!

thanks for heads up

how old is eugene these days?

IMO nothing wrong with bringing him in for a reasonable contract, and hoping he can stay healthy. Maybe try and change his body a bit in the conditioning room. The guy is a top 5 safety in football when he is on the field. I am sure we will come in millions and millions under the cap as usual so what is the real risk here except Ralph having a few less dollars to go out to dinner with?

Marv was far from a genius coach. He was basically the loveable, clueless chaperone of those teams. We found out just how clueless he was when he returned as GM.

Marv is well known as one of the most intelligent coaches in the business. He completely turned around a hopeless franchise, turned them into a contender, and was instrumental in creating the "no huddle offense" as we know it today. While I agree with you about the horrific GM disaster, Marv was definitely a genius coach.

Marv is well known as one of the most intelligent coaches in the business. He completely turned around a hopeless franchise, turned them into a contender, and was instrumental in creating the "no huddle offense" as we know it today. While I agree with you about the horrific GM disaster, Marv was definitely a genius coach.

Ted Marchibroda and Jim Kelly created the Bills no-huddle offense. Bill Polian and Jim Kelly turned around the franchise. Marv was a caretaker. He was not an innovative coach. Most of his assistant coaches were outright bad. He has no coaching tree. Like I said, he was a chaperone. The Bills players loved him because he let the lunatics run the asylum. Polian loved him because he didn't meddle with personnel. Ralph loved him because he took his calls. He was all those things, but certainly not a genius coach. No way, no how.

The Bengals actually created the no huddle offense. The bills just took the idea and made it better.

I actually remember the Bills complained about it and then adopted it as their own. I did find this article from 89 but I don't feel like going through the free trial for the site. You get this idea here, Marv didn't like the no huddle because of the substitution rules and didn't run the no huddle prior to playing the Bengals but after that they moved to it. At least that is how I remember it.

http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1P2-1167173.html