Favorite "Other" Team

packfntk

Living in Denver, allow me to recommend not rooting for the Broncos. They have the cheesiest fan base you've ever seen. Their tailgates are wine and cheese.

You sure about the wine? If true I will make them my 2 team.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So I started this topic over at my forum to drum up conversation and find out which teams are liked. I thought I would bring it here as well.

"We have done this before but it has been a while. I know that several of you will say PACKERS PACKERS PACKERS Number 1-32, but who do you have a soft spot for, or even root for when the Packers are not playing or when we are out of it? This could be teams you don't hate, or whatever.

I would have to say both the Bills and the Chiefs are teams that I like to see do well. The Bills because it is a small market team that plays in the cold. Their fans are also great and they have a tradition of winning. The Chiefs I have liked ever since I went there in 2007. Their fan base is passionate and they have a strong following. So those are the teams that I don't mind or even like to see do well when the Packers aren't playing them or have any implications around them. Thoughts?"

Before the advent of cable, we got the Giants, the Browns and the Bills games mostly. Since the current Cleveland Browns are not the same team that I grew up rooting for, I have kind of lost interest in them. So when the Bills are not in contention, which is most of the time lately, I root for the Giants to do well.

To the extent the bills have no hope a part of me wouldn't mind seeing the old coot in Oakland doing it his own way under constant ridicule and sticking it to the rest of the league and all the media. They have a crazy talented team in many areas and can flat out blow people off the field when organized. As a plus, davis bleeds AFL.