Time to root for the Dolphins

KurtGodel77

The Dolphins are playing the Patriots this coming Sunday. A Patriots loss would make the Steelers' final game of the season meaningless. Um, um, ahem . . . go fish!!!

159049[/snapback]

just to clarify, it would make the last game meaningless for the Steelers.. :devil:

I'm not happy about rooting for the Dolphins either. But the bottom line is that a Dolphins win would help us.

159105[/snapback]

I don't care who I root for if it helps the Bills. It's amazing how nonsensical sports fans get over things like rivalries. It's almost a "cut off the nose to spite the face" thing. Or worse, that nut who chose to have his finger amputated instead of having his wedding ring cut off, (which was promptly lost anyway).

Posts like this make me cringe. Why do you want to play a Steeler team that doesn't care? I think having both the Bills and Steelers with something on the line makes for great drama and no excuses when we kick their butt.

159169[/snapback]

Why would I prefer a team that doesn't care? Because I'm not Don Quixote. Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing. Whatever gives us the best chance of winning (provided it's ethical) is what we should hope for.

Posts like this make me cringe. Why do you want to play a Steeler team that doesn't care? I think having both the Bills and Steelers with something on the line makes for great drama and no excuses when we kick their butt.

159169[/snapback]

I suppose that depends on what you get out of sports/being a fan. Some people enjoy the drama of playing and (hopefully) beating the best, at their best. Others, such as myself, enjoy the drama of rooting for my team to advance by any means possible with the added bonus of having interest in more than one game each week.

It's just personal preference.

Nope, won't do it, they let us down this past Sunday. Fug'em both. I'd rather take on the Steelers full strength than cheer for the stinkin fish!

159052[/snapback]

I agree. If we're gonna win out the rest of our games, I want us to win out against the best teams possible!! I wan us to kick the sh-- out of the steeleres, at home, last week, and have it mean something, for both teams!!

The Steelers will be playing hard no matter what the situation is on the last week as they'll most likely have a bye the following week and will want their players to get "tuned up" for the playoff run.

Just look at what Denver did last year, they mailed it in week 17 and then basically didnt even show up to play the Colts. (The Colts were great in that game but Denver didnt even TRY)

I agree.  If we're gonna win out the rest of our games, I want us to win out against the best teams possible!!  I wan us to kick the sh-- out of the steeleres, at home, last week, and have it mean something, for both teams!!

159209[/snapback]

I agree that beating the Steelers' starters would be more . . . emotionally satisfying. But beating the Steelers in a meangless (for them) game would be just as useful as far as getting into the playoffs; while also being more likely to occur.

You can cheer for whomever you want, of course, but I'd recommend following reason rather than emotion on this one. We haven't been to the playoffs since 1999 and haven't won a playoff game since 1995. We're overdue. I want the Steelers resting their starters in Week 17 because that gives us the best chance of winning that game and gaining a wild card slot.

You want tough games? The playoffs will be loaded with tough games for ya!

Much as I'd love for Miami to beat NE, I just can't see it happening. The good news is that the Steelers have not been impressive of late. The look like they peaked several weeks ago, and if Buffalo can give a good effort, cutting down on early mistakes, I think they are beatable even if they have something at state in the final game.