No Matter Who You Want At #3

BuffaloBaumer

Some people will be jumping for joy and others will want to put their head through a wall. Honestly, I may be one of the few that will be happy with any pick other than DB or WR. If they think they got their guy at QB, it will be hard not to get excited. If they get a DT/DE or LB, it will go a long way as well. Looks like the Draft BBQ will resume after a 5 year absence.....

Sabres are on a roll, Bills are getting new uniforms, the temp is is the 40s next week and the Bills select..........Time to get that positive mojo goin' folks!

Yes, but it WILL be exciting up until they actually make the pick :unsure:

I'd add LB to your 'do not pick' list too. At least at #3, there isn't one that I want. There isn't an OT ranked that highly this year either. Maybe that will allow the FO to focus on a handful of players.

The scary part is, it's usually hard to go wrong with a #3...but nobody messes up their draft better than the Bills. In the last 10+ years we have only had 2 (maybe 3)1st rounders that I can think of that have even become legitimate starters and no superstars. Sorry I'm not feeling optimism...especially guys with huge question marks like Von Miller and Cam Newton being talked about.

Edited by Turbosrrgood

That is for sure going to be a crazy year for the draft. This year almost anything could happen. There are about 10+ options at #3.

All the way through draft its going to be crazy. There about 80 players in my opinion that have 2nd round grades. Its splitting hairs more than ever this year. Pick #68 could be a game changer too.

List of "bad" picks in reverse order "badness" imo (good luck trying to figure out what that means) at #3 overall:

4. Gaine Blabbert, or Yo Gabba-Gabbert. Blaine? ugh. #1 High School QB doesn't do much in College now comes to the NFL to not do much too? Or maybe do more than not much? - This will cause some indigestion for a couple years.

3. AJ Green, Yay! We have a beast of a WR. Booooo! opposing offenses are still on the field for too long.

2. Von Miller, will be a good LB. Not really aiming for "good" or "LB" with #3 pick.

1. Patrick Peterson, 2 years of being a bad CB, then best case he embraces the safety role he could be a game changing safety.

List of picks that I don't think are bad but would leave me worried in reverse order of worrisomeness.

4. Cam Jordan - Really is he really worth the #3 overall I hope he becomes a stud, should be a good player though

3. Quinn - Dude is manaimal. Could be a more athletic LaMarr Woodley or the year off could make him the second biggest bust after Maybin.

2. Bowers - #1 overall High School recruit doesn't do much in College now comes to the NFL to not do much too? Or maybe do more than not much? , I hope his father dying (RIP) really lights a fire under him. (not that mean I'm glad his father died I would never wish that on anyone I just mean he lacked motivation all through college until that happened.)

1. Cam Newton - The guy has a low floor and a very High Ceiling, imo. He will be a good QB, he has the potential for greatness. Do the Bills have potential for greatness?

List of picks that I would be jumping for joy:

4. Marcell Dareaus - certified beast. Marcellasaurus and Kyle the Rockpile are going to make Brady and Sanchez feel uncomfortable for a long time, allowing our LBs to clean up the collapsed pockets. Not a stat monster but a game changer.

3. Nick Fairely - Big, mean, nasty, bad attitude (in a good way.) You can't stop him you can only contain him.

2. A Stud LT - Doesn't appear to be in this draft

1. A QB that I actually think could be a franchise QB - doesn't look like there is anything in the draft that's more than a 50/50 chance of making it.

Really outside of Patrick Peterson they should have a good player, it really will take a Buffalo Bills type of bust detector pick to screw up the #3 overall.

Edited by Why So Serious?

Hope springs eternal but we must address DT/DE with the first pick. If Locker is available in the second, we take him.

Locker will be available in the second . . . and the third . . . probably the fourth.

NFL people know he can't play NFL football, he could barely play college football.

Hope springs eternal but we must address DT/DE with the first pick. If Locker is available in the second, we take him.

Locker is awful, this guy is all hype no production. It's great to have "all the tools" and everything, but if you cant the broad side of a barn it won't do much good. Did you watch the "skills" competition? Not only could he not hit the targets, he wasn't even close.

Cam newton will make the offense better, even if he just runs options with spiller but if they pick him Gailey will definitely use him this year. And dareus makes the defense better. either pic id be happy with

The thought of Cam Newton running an option offense with spiller makes me all tingly in the special place...I still wouldn't take him at 3 though.

Locker is awful, this guy is all hype no production. It's great to have "all the tools" and everything, but if you cant the broad side of a barn it won't do much good. Did you watch the "skills" competition? Not only could he not hit the targets, he wasn't even close.

The thought of Cam Newton running an option offense with spiller makes me all tingly in the special place...I still wouldn't take him at 3 though.

where would you take him?