Tate Forcier transfers to "The U"

Ramius

I was just reading that Forcier has transferred from Michigan to "The U." I thought the kid looked pretty good back in '09, before giving way to the RB michigan employed under center in '10.

If he can beat out Morris in 2012 he'll make the team slightly better, but i don't think the U will be any type of threat. Those days for the school are long gone, and probably not coming back. They are content with being a middle tier ACC program, and have no designs on returning to the glory days of the 80's, early 90's, and early 2000's.

If they don't already, they may soon regret leaving the Big East.

May have seemed a great idea at the time to join a superconference, but as we've found out in basketball-BE, superconferences only guarantee that you'll have little chance at a championship, and be beat up for the post-season.

• 2 weeks later...

I was just reading that Forcier has transferred from Michigan to "The U." I thought the kid looked pretty good back in '09, before giving way to the RB michigan employed under center in '10.

If he can beat out Morris in 2012 he'll make the team slightly better, but i don't think the U will be any type of threat. Those days for the school are long gone, and probably not coming back. They are content with being a middle tier ACC program, and have no designs on returning to the glory days of the 80's, early 90's, and early 2000's.

Forcier could be a pretty good QB if he grows up a bit. He got kicked out of Michigan for academic reasons. Too bad,he may have challenged for the starting spot under the new staff,and at the very least provided nice depth.

GO BLUE!!!

• 6 months later...

And now that is history as well.

On July 26, Forcier committed to play at San Jose State. He will be eligible to play in 2012.

And now that is history as well.

On July 26, Forcier committed to play at San Jose State. He will be eligible to play in 2012.

Given what has transpired, Forcier has a better shot at a BCS bowl at SJ St. than he does in miami.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.