Report: Dolphins NT Soliai to hit open market

Marshmallow

This guy always sucks up two blockers - more in the Ted Washington mold when trying to compare him to other players. He is still fairly young and has plenty of gas left in the tank. This would be a quality move by our front office and may help recover the credibility they lost when they let Pat Williams go to MN.

This approach would also give them more options at #3 to go DE, LB, QB, or trade down (i would love it if they could trade down for more picks). Though I still think that they could reach for a QB at the third overall pick. That being said, I also think that would be viewed as a slap in Fitz's face - if there was any chemistry on the offense that would be sure to throw a wrench in it. A later round QB pick would be viewed as more of a longer-term project and less of an indictment on a pretty solid season from Fitz.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On the contrary, he is better than what we have because HE IS A SPACE EATING, TWO-GAPPER TRUE NT! Miami's run D was ranked 5th in the AFC and 7th in the NFL. He played a major part in that. And we were ranked dead last! Sure KW can penetrate, but he can not take up two gaps and hold the line so our LBs could make plays.

KW has really come along and made the probowl but it wasn't because he could cover two gaps and plug the run. People seem to think our line is great and we have all the players we need but ignore the fact that in reality we sucked really bad against the run. Size is not everything but in this case, for our defense, it is the ONLY thing. We need a big fat bastard to plug up the middle and say "NONE SHALL RUN"

If it does not happen, it won't be because we have 2 NTs already. Kyle was most effective this year in our 4-3 alignment. When playing the zero, he was not performing better than Solai, and was a liability himself at times against the run when playing as a true nose.

I think this is overstated, but unless you are saying KW is a DE now, I still don't get where we play Solai, Troupe, and KW on the same 3-4 defense they say they are committed to.

KW has really come along and made the probowl but it wasn't because he could cover two gaps and plug the run. People seem to think our line is great and we have all the players we need but ignore the fact that in reality we sucked really bad against the run. Size is not everything but in this case, for our defense, it is the ONLY thing. We need a big fat bastard to plug up the middle and say "NONE SHALL RUN"

I agree, "NONE SHALL RUN"

Isn't Troup a two gap space eater. But we have NOThing behind him in rotation. We have less than very little for a 3-4 in quality depth in the middle.

Maybe its a fanatastic dream, but another coming of Washington or Pat Williams would take us along way. Just that one player.

None shall run! a Monty Python mantra seems perfect!!

What, is your quest?

I'd be in favor of anything that helps the Bills and hurts the Dolphins. That is, if we're still running a 3-4. What do you guys think of him? I don't know a lot about him.

"The Dolphins reportedly have "zero" chance of re-signing NT Paul Soliai before the onset of free agency in March. Soliai wants to cash in on his breakout second half, which makes it nearly impossible for an extension with the "30 percent" rule in effect. Soliai's camp is expecting a "free-for-all" once he hits the open market. As a run-plugging 350-pounder, he'll be in high demand among teams running 3-4 schemes."

Rotoworld

Miami Herald

I'd rather see us throw free-agent money at a proven right tackle, and draft our defensive players.