Jeff Fisher to part ways with Titans

/dev/null

i think BOTH sides (adams and fisher) were looking to part ways.....fisher attempting to hire his son and adams putting a stop to that...gave them their chance.

Or not...

http://deadspin.com/5745326/titans-owner-bud-adams-didnt-seem-to-know-he-lost-8-million-in-a-teamcoach-divorce

"Where did you hear that? I better check on that. I can't talk about it now. I have to talk to my people there. I haven't talked to them today. I really can't talk about it now because I don't know what's been said. I want to see what is going on.''

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or not...

http://deadspin.com/5745326/titans-owner-bud-adams-didnt-seem-to-know-he-lost-8-million-in-a-teamcoach-divorce

"Where did you hear that? I better check on that. I can't talk about it now. I have to talk to my people there. I haven't talked to them today. I really can't talk about it now because I don't know what's been said. I want to see what is going on.''

I love this comment on the picture:

Fisher's method of calling plays via traditional Russian folk dances just never sat well with the conservative crowds in Tennessee.

The new CBA should have an age limit for ownership.

Guys like Adams, Ralph, Bowlen and Davis point toward the need for this.

Yeah, because the "young" owners did such an incredible job with the last CBA. :lol:

This was Fisher looking to get out. He knew Adams didn't approve of family members on the coaching staff, after the Titans didn't hire Gregg Williams in 2008 because he wanted his son (who has been on staff with the Saints) to be an assistant coach. I'm sure after 17 seasons and just 6 winning ones, Adams felt it was time to move on as well and this gave him just as good an excuse as any.

He'll take a year off. Not that teams are looking to spend big money on name coaches at present anyway (see: Cowher, Gruden, and Billick).

The new CBA should have an age limit for ownership.

Guys like Adams, Ralph, Bowlen and Davis point toward the need for this.

It appears that Pat Bowlen understands that the aging process and the resulting declining physical and mental abilities have an impact on how much he is going to be involved in his business. He is starting to phase himself out of the operation and delegating more responsibilities. John Elway is now the CEO of the franchise.

With respect to Ralph if there is another nickel to be made he is going to hang on. It's in his DNA.

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=176504

Edited by JohnC

It appears that Pat Bowlen understands that the aging process and the resulting declining physical and mental abilities have an impact on how much he is going to be involved in his business. He is starting to phase himself out of the operation and delegating more responsibilities. John Elway is now the CEO of the franchise.

With respect to Ralph if there is another nickel to be made he is going to hang on. It's in his DNA.

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=176504

Yes, because Ralph is the ONLY owner who cares about money. That's what makes him unique. :rolleyes:

As for Elway, he'll probably turn out as well as Levy did for the Bills.

Yeah, because the "young" owners did such an incredible job with the last CBA. :lol:

This was Fisher looking to get out. He knew Adams didn't approve of family members on the coaching staff, after the Titans didn't hire Gregg Williams in 2008 because he wanted his son (who has been on staff with the Saints) to be an assistant coach. I'm sure after 17 seasons and just 6 winning ones, Adams felt it was time to move on as well and this gave him just as good an excuse as any.

He'll take a year off. Not that teams are looking to spend big money on name coaches at present anyway (see: Cowher, Gruden, and Billick).

The last CBA allowed for an uninterrupted and unprecedented stream of wealth for all owners. Over no previous such period had they earned so much money.

Anyway, you may be right about Adams (once he realized that he had let Fisher go). But, hey, at least he still has his beloved franchise QB.

As for Cowher and Gruden, the former has not taken a job so he can be with his family after the death of his wife. The latter didn;t want to leave his current job. I doubt both will remain off the sidelines. Billick is a blowhard that no one thinks will HC again.

Yes, because Ralph is the ONLY owner who cares about money. That's what makes him unique. :rolleyes:

As for Elway, he'll probably turn out as well as Levy did for the Bills.

Ralph's major problem isn't about money as it is about his inability to comprehend how incompetent he is regarding football issues. On money issues he has it figured out.

John Elway will not set his franchise back the way Levy did in such a short time.

The last CBA allowed for an uninterrupted and unprecedented stream of wealth for all owners. Over no previous such period had they earned so much money.

Yet here they are, ready to lose money when there is a work stoppage. Why did they opt-out? You can't even rely on your "the situation changed" because you don't even believe any of the owners have lost money. So it comes down to pure greed. The owners want back what they so easily gave away last time. Had they told the players to accept the original CBA, which had worked so well for 14 years (and which strangely enough was crafted by the old guard owners), they'd have made even more unprecedented money. And there was NOT going to be a work stoppage back then. Whereas now it's all but certain.

Ralph's major problem isn't about money as it is about his inability to comprehend how incompetent he is regarding football issues. On money issues he has it figured out.

So why keep harping on the money? Money doesn't guarantee anything. And the world is full of people who don't know their limitations. Not that an 80/90 year old man trusting his football decisions to his underlings is the sign of a malevolent owner.

John Elway will not set his franchise back the way Levy did in such a short time.

Elway was just hired by the team. No games have been played.

So why keep harping on the money? Money doesn't guarantee anything. And the world is full of people who don't know their limitations. Not that an 80/90 year old man trusting his football decisions to his underlings is the sign of a malevolent owner.

Elway was just hired by the team. No games have been played.

I never said he was malevolent, simply incompetent on football matters. That characterization is another one of your off the wall distortions. In regards to the underlings who have failed him they are the same ones he, himself, hired. Another indication of his football sagacity.

And the world is full of people who don't know their limitations.

Tell me something I don't know. It has been on full display for a generation.

Edited by JohnC

Is 13 years and no ring ok? That's what it took Cowher.

You can't compare Jeff Fisher teams to Bill Cowher teams. Its not even close. The Steelers under Cowher missed the playoffs 5 times out of 15 years...not too bad , on the other hand , Jeff Fisher's Titans only made the playoffs 6 times out of 17 years. See the difference?

You can't compare Jeff Fisher teams to Bill Cowher teams. Its not even close. The Steelers under Cowher missed the playoffs 5 times out of 15 years...not too bad , on the other hand , Jeff Fisher's Titans only made the playoffs 6 times out of 17 years. See the difference?

That may seem pretty damn good in a few years.