Here's a guess

OGTEleven

I could only listen to yesterday's game but I have a guess about something. They did a direct snap play to Freddie Smith.

For anyone who saw the play, did it look at all like it ciould be a setup for later in the year where he throws a pass from the same set?

I could only listen to yesterday's game but I have a guess about something.  They did a direct snap play to Freddie Smith.

For anyone who saw the play, did it look at all like it ciould be a setup for later in the year where he throws a pass from the same set?

158246[/snapback]

I am sure that is coming. This particular one was straight up the middle though, similar to ones we used to use with Thurman fairly often. It was, however, an EXCELLENT run. Smith was stopped dead on third and eight after five yards, wiggled free and fought for the last three yards. They measured and it looked short but it was ruled a first down by about one chain link.

I'm not sure. On the play Bledsoe jumped and twisted as though the snap was over his head. Sure faked me out. Snap went directly to Freddie and he got a first down.

Another trick play took place when Bledsoe started hollering "What? What?" at the sidelines with the coaches frantically trying to get his attention, and then walked disgustedly away from center and threw up his arms. He didn't call time and the ball was snapped directly to McGahee, but the Browns were ready and Willis got only a couple of yards. I recall the Bills tried this same play a couple of weeks ago in Seattle but ended up having to call timeout as the Seahawks looked like they weren't fooled. Might be time to toss that play.

If a Freddie pass is in the playbook, I bet you see it on a fourth-and-short or a two-point conversion try.

Another trick play took place when Bledsoe started hollering "What? What?" at the sidelines with the coaches frantically trying to get his attention, and then walked disgustedly away from center and threw up his arms.  He didn't call time and the ball was snapped directly to McGahee, but the Browns were ready and Willis got only a couple of yards.  I recall the Bills tried this same play a couple of weeks ago in Seattle but ended up having to call timeout as the Seahawks looked like they weren't fooled.  Might be time to toss that play.

158257[/snapback]

I forgot to add that this play descends directly from a Dallas gimmick in the 1960s, when Don Meredith lined up behind center, started calling signals, and then yelled "Shoot! Ah clean fergot the play!" He walked toward the sideline; the opponents started laughing. The ball went right to the halfback (Dan Reeves?) who busted it for a big gain. :o

I could only listen to yesterday's game but I have a guess about something.  They did a direct snap play to Freddie Smith.

158246[/snapback]

With MM and TC anything is possible. FF showed some nifty moves on that play. I think he got a very generous spot from the side judge giving the Bills a first down.

Three tricks yesterday, the direct snap to FF, one to Willis (right?) and the reverse to Evans. The thing that was different about the reverse was that Evans was in motion on the play in the direction of the run. It looked like he would lead Willis around the corner. After clearing the formation he wheeled around and took a nice handoff from Willis and was off to the races around the right side of the formation. Nice job by the line, Willis and Evans. A very well designed set-up job by the coaching staff.