Calling all Bills Fans for a BIG game....

We're going to try and make it. We live in Ashland. Sometimes we go to the Mulligans in Mechanicsville because it's closer. The Mulligans there is great because some of the booths have a private TV.

However, we will be in DC for an an event Saturday night and do not plan to return until late Sunday morning. If the times work out, all four of us will be there.

What's the smoking situation there? We will have our two children (big Bills fans) and I noticed someone else was going to bring their child.

158568[/snapback]

Every booth at his Mulligans on Hull has their own TV. And honestly.....the part where I want us all to get together.....it's non-smoking. But with every bar, you do have some smoke, but it's not too bad. I, as well as my GF, are non-smokers.

Hell, I'm hosting a Chrimmus party at my house Saturday evening.....but come on man, this one is too big to pass up. Especially if other games are swinging our way. This could potentially be a great Sunday for all of us to get together.

Bring your kids......I know every week......there are a lot of Viking kids, and Indy kids. I think Indy plays Saturday this week though. But the place is fine for kids.

Come on down!

CVA

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just pulled up the directions on mapquest. Only an hour from my house.  I may try to make it to this one, but won't know until later in the week>  I'll stay in touch.

158476[/snapback]

I pulled up mapquest too and it said almost 5 hours for me. That's crap though because I make it to Richmond in just under 4 hours every time I go to NY or Pa. I also took leave starting Monday so maybe I'll make it an overnighter and then I can drink for the game too and not have to worry about driving. CVA, any decent hotels nearby??

I pulled up mapquest too and it said almost 5 hours for me. That's crap though because I make it to Richmond in just under 4 hours every time I go to NY or Pa. I also took leave starting Monday so maybe I'll make it an overnighter and then I can drink for the game too and not have to worry about driving. CVA, any decent hotels nearby??

158589[/snapback]

I'd be interested in a nearby hotel as well

158589[/snapback]

Yeah.....actually, if you live in NC.....this is also on the southside of Richmond. AND there is a new highway that comes off of 95 that comes right to it. The highway opened about a month ago, so I'm now even sure it is indicated on a map. There is a brand new Holiday Inn Express right off of the exit out toward my house. I live on a huge lake, and there is an off-brand but nice little lakefront suite hotel that is cheap at this time of year.........let me find both addresses or links and I'll post them again. Gimmie a little time, and check back!

158589[/snapback]

OK, here ya go......I'm not sure what your taste is, or what kinds of places you like to stay in, however, here is the off-brand, but decent looking hotel on the lakefront.......this is about 1 mile from my house, and about 2 miles to the bar.........

Brandermill Inn

Here is the Holiday Inn Express that is probably about a mile and a half to the bar and a mile and a half to my house.......this only opened about 8 months or so ago......anyway, it's fairly new....

Holiday Inn Express - Brandermill

OK, the areas of these hotels are pretty nice. You have all kinds of nice shopping centers, bars, restaurants, etc......so, it's not a total waste of time! Hell, if you have to Christmas shop, you can do it all there!

If you want something nicer than these two hotels, well you can find whatever you want in the Richmond area. This place is a southern sub-urb of Richmond, but for what you are talking about, one of these two would suffice I think. And they shouldn't be all that expensive.

Let me know if I can help more!

JinVA, if you go, I might go, too.

161290[/snapback]

I'm almost positive I'm going. I've already taken Monday off to go X-Mas shopping and since I usually end up shopping in Richmond or Norfolk it makes sense to get a room up there and get an early start. I'll be giving a definate answer tomorrow.

I'm almost positive I'm going.  I've already taken Monday off to go X-Mas shopping and since I usually end up shopping in Richmond or Norfolk it makes sense to get a room up there and get an early start.  I'll be giving a definate answer tomorrow.

161310[/snapback]

Okay, after the HUGE spanking we put on the Bemgals, anybody who wants to come to my house and watch the TIVO reply is more than welcome. I of course will be seeing it for the first time, so no telling me the score lol. God, what was I thinking when I booked this stinkin trip to the big apple for my wifes birthday.

Yall have fun now. Remember, when in Richmond it is a law to drive with an open beer at all times!

We'll see. I would like to get down there once. For next year, I was debating going either to the VA Beach area (hear that, Campy?) or New York to hang with the Bills Backers and watch a game (I've visited one Bills Backers group each of the past 2 seasons). I'm leaning towards New York, but I'll eventually hit both.