Has there been one game in our resurgence...

Kelly the Dog

... that we came out running and played this alleged power offense and just ran it down the oppositions throats? Perhaps, but off hand I cannot recall one. Each game it seems we come out passing and then settle down on the run later. We have put games away with run, we have won games with the run, Willis has certainly been the BIGGEST change (although the line, Drew, Evans, McNally, Clements, etc are not far behind), but this team, so far, the new Bills have basically set up the run with early passes and it has worked. Oh, and Drew has been at the helm. Even when he has played extremely mediocre, like yesterday, stats and accuracy don't tell the story. He is leading this team whether we all like him or not. I would bet a lot of quaterbacks would have tanked completely after tanking like Drew did in the NE game. But this is Drew's team. Yesterday, I darn near saw him play smart, even when his passes were off. I really think the MM/TC/SW factor is taking hold.

... that we came out running and played this alleged power offense and just ran it down the oppositions throats? Perhaps, but off hand I cannot recall one. Each game it seems we come out passing and then settle down on the run later. We have put games away with run, we have won games with the run, Willis has certainly been the BIGGEST change (although the line, Drew, Evans, McNally, Clements, etc are not far behind), but this team, so far, the new Bills have basically set up the run with early passes and it has worked. Oh, and Drew has been at the helm. Even when he has played extremely mediocre, like yesterday, stats and accuracy don't tell the story. He is leading this team whether we all like him or not. I would bet a lot of quaterbacks would have tanked completely after tanking like Drew did in the NE game. But this is Drew's team. Yesterday, I darn near saw him play smart, even when his passes were off. I really think the MM/TC/SW factor is taking hold.

158181[/snapback]

i have noticed a lack of "power running" early in each game as well. But McGahee wears a team down...and gets stronger as the game goes on.

In each of his games he went over 100 yards, I wouldn't be suprised to find out that he avg'd 30 yards in the first half.

The whole thing falls apart without the 2004 MVP of the Buffalo Bills,

Willis McGahee.

158197[/snapback]

I agree that he is easily the MVP of the offense, and perhaps team, if you had to name one. But I also think the whole thing falls apart without anyone of the following: the OL and MM/TC and McNally and Evans, and probably Drew.

think kudos should be given to the coaching staff to find what works

and to stick with that....If we can set the run with the pass, then so be it...I don't think there is any one single way to win in this league, as long as you belive in what you do and what you do is working.

I think the team played really well without their starting RT, and starting

TEs and did a good job of proviidng protection to DB.

Of course if the D plays like this then our offense has shown in the last

5 games that they can score with a shortened field too.

i have noticed a lack of "power running" early in each game as well.  But McGahee wears a team down...and gets stronger as the game goes on.

In each of his games he went over 100 yards, I wouldn't be suprised to find out that he avg'd 30 yards in the first half.

158205[/snapback]

That is my point. Even though WM does wear a team down and at the end of the game he has 100, he may not have that if we didnt pass first and open teams up. This is a balanced offense, this isn't a power offense, or running offense. The run doesn't set up the pass, it's pretty even.

That is my point. Even though WM does wear a team down and at the end of the game he has 100, he may not have that if we didnt pass first and open teams up. This is a balanced offense, this isn't a power offense, or running offense. The run doesn't set up the pass, it's pretty even.

158223[/snapback]

I think next week will be a big test. I have believed for a long time now that we can win games with DB but I am still skeptical that we can be a true winning team. Mistakes like he made early in yesterday's game can, at times, dig us a hole from which we can't climb out. When defenses put together a smart game plan against Drew (we haven't seen one of those in a few weeks, but we will this week), we either hang on for dear life while Willis begins to wear them down or Drew blows it and the game gets ugly. It seems to me that we still aren't all that patient with our running game yet.

Another reason we've done well is Lee Evans. He has made some big catches early in games before we are in "Willis mode". Without those, things could be different. I think the Bills are right now one of about 4-5 teams in the league that could beat anyone or get beat by (just about) anyone based on a few plays early in games that set a tone.