The Road To The Suberbowl Is In The Hands Of Todd Collins

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How cutler was well enough to stand on the sidelines and not bad enough to be in xrays, or how he isn't with trainers trying braces or..... Is beyond me.

Notice his teammates are ignoring him? Just saying. Whole situation says a lot.

I can see Chicago looking at QB's in the 1st round now. That was a pathetic performance by a starting QB in a championship game. I don't usually push for players to play hurt, but if you're playing for the chance at a Super Bowl you play unless your leg is about to fall off.

I don't think the team will have total confidence in his leadership abilities after today.

I can see Chicago looking at QB's in the 1st round now. That was a pathetic performance by a starting QB in a championship game. I don't usually push for players to play hurt, but if you're playing for the chance at a Super Bowl you play unless your leg is about to fall off.

I don't think the team will have total confidence in his leadership abilities after today.

Well I think this a difference between hurt and injured. If he's hurt he needs to either be out there or finding a way to get back. If he's injured he needs to be getting treated in the locker room. To be wandering around the sidelines is just bizarre. To sit next to Hanie while he looks at recap pics, and not be looking with or helping, also strange.

Only think I can think of is that he didn't feel he could escape pressure with his knee, and they made a call that he wasn't effective?

with the ever elusive todd collins waiting in the wings i can see that. even so - shouldnt he have them been atleast trying to figure SOMETHING out? a new brace, riding a bike, an mri or xray? trainers working on it? painkillers? comes out, takes one drive and then just chills. weird.

with the ever elusive todd collins waiting in the wings i can see that. even so - shouldnt he have them been atleast trying to figure SOMETHING out? a new brace, riding a bike, an mri or xray? trainers working on it? painkillers? comes out, takes one drive and then just chills. weird.

Yeah, it was weird. But nobody here knows what was really going on. Urlacher is defending him.

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/news/story?id=6051718

Also he was riding the bike for a while trying to test it.

Edited by Captain Caveman

Yeah, it was weird. But nobody here knows what was really going on. Urlacher is defending him.

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/news/story?id=6051718

Also he was riding the bike for a while trying to test it.

yea but whats urlacher supposed to say. he literally had one possible answer, and gave it.

i must have missed the bike. it all just seemed very "aw shucks, guess im done for the day. ill be over on the bench but try not to disturb me too much"

Or if you don't give your team as good a chance to win as the healthy back-up...

How are you not the guy who pushes for players to play hurt?

Or if you don't give your team as good a chance to win as the healthy back-up...

short of his leg falling off, a franchise qb that you traded the house for, and paid, should be better then todd collins or a rookie even with a bum knee. this could be his once in a lifetime shot at the superbowl and he pulled himself. thats not normal, even if he is hurt. most qbs would need a trainer or coach to drag them off the field there. he seemed... indifferent. like he didnt really care one way or the other. it could be like the thread said the other day and he actually has social issues so he doesnt get what his body language was putting off but..... you have to admit that his behavior was not typical.

There are situations in sports where you give up everything for the good of the team. A Championship game is one of them. Do you think Brady, Rothisberger, Manning, or Farve would be standing on the sideline in that position?

Somewhere some sportswriter is preparing a story on how Chicago will now pedal Cutler to Washington.

spot on!

That's funny my wife and I were just talking about washington. We know a def coach that left the Steelers to go there. She asked me if I thought he regreted it.

short of his leg falling off, a franchise qb that you traded the house for, and paid, should be better then todd collins or a rookie even with a bum knee. this could be his once in a lifetime shot at the superbowl and he pulled himself. thats not normal, even if he is hurt. most qbs would need a trainer or coach to drag them off the field there. he seemed... indifferent. like he didnt really care one way or the other. it could be like the thread said the other day and he actually has social issues so he doesnt get what his body language was putting off but..... you have to admit that his behavior was not typical.

Yah I do think that's what it is. You don't know what "bum knee" means because you're not him. I guess living in Philly that mentality just reminds me of all the ignorant Iggle fans who always said "McNabb doesn't care 'cause OMG look at him smiling on the sidelines!" It's just stupid, that's all.

Yah I do think that's what it is. You don't know what "bum knee" means because you're not him. I guess living in Philly that mentality just reminds me of all the ignorant Iggle fans who always said "McNabb doesn't care 'cause OMG look at him smiling on the sidelines!" It's just stupid, that's all.

heres where i think you are wrong though, and why even that is a strange explanation. if his knee is bad enough to not be in the game, he shouldnt be on the sideline pacing around. if its a real tear he shouldnt be putting weight, if its a bad sprain, sit yourself down and hope it heals for the superbowl. if you want to be around your team, atleast engage, not just sit there silently while the rookie replacing you is going through the game pics right next to you. it all adds up to him really not seeming to care, or being to emotionally screwed up to really help that team when the chips are down. either way is disaster as a starting qb.

spot on!

That's funny my wife and I were just talking about washington. We know a def coach that left the Steelers to go there. She asked me if I thought he regreted it.

I doubt he regrets it that much; considering the owner's past history, this defensive coach is probably making twice as much money as he was in Pittsburgh. Maybe 3X if he's a household name. We all know how fond Dan Snyder is of shiny objects.