Bills vs Broncos next year..Dare I dream Newton vs Tebow!!

RichardBag

Yea...not my favorite pick either....but I see it this way. Nix drafted "his" franchise running back. Nix will want to now draft "his" franchise QB to officially put "his" stamp on this team. I would like to see Newton be "his" pick. Now back to excitement, we will have Newton, Jacked (Better known as F-Jax & StevieJ), The Jack Rabbit (Spiller), Peter Rabbit (Parrish) and my boy Nelson (the WR)!! This excites me....it makes me think Whoosh!!!

Thanks for stopping bye and offering up that intensely, in depth post on the differences between the 3-4 and 4-3 defenses. I have truly have been enlightened!

OK... this logic definitely works for me! I hope it's the way Buddy is looking at this draft!

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im personally all about drafting defense, but I would not be upset with Newton at #3. I think the kid could be special in the NFL, and we have about as perfect a scenario for a young QB to come into. He can sit behind Fitz in 2011 and learn from one of the best QB teachers in the league, and the Oline is coming along and should be pretty decent by the time Cam is ready to start. I'd also love to see what Gailey could do with a talent like that. Especially if it is Newton, Jackson, and Spiller in our backfield.

Again, my first picks are Fairley and Dareus. But if I had to choose a non-Front 7 player to draft at #3, it would be Cam. As long as Buddy interviews the crap out of him at the combine. That will be the deciding factor. He has all the physical traits to be a superstar, does he have the mental makeup for it?...

Go Bills! :thumbsup:

Finally....a mock with some sense!!!

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/2011-nfl-mock-draft-version-2-0-picks-1-5

"#3 Buffalo Bills – Cam Newton, QB, Auburn. I know, I know. I seem to be pushing harder for the Bills to take Newton than their own front office, but that’s how desperately it feels like this team needs a franchise quarterback. Sure, championships are won in the trenches. Yes, defense wins rings. But considering the fact that Buffalo doesn’t have any of that, a franchise QB could be a good starting point for this team. Again, Newton is a proven winner in an athletic beast’s body. "

Edited by RichardBag

Finally....a mock with some sense!!!

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/2011-nfl-mock-draft-version-2-0-picks-1-5

"#3 Buffalo Bills – Cam Newton, QB, Auburn. I know, I know. I seem to be pushing harder for the Bills to take Newton than their own front office, but that’s how desperately it feels like this team needs a franchise quarterback. Sure, championships are won in the trenches. Yes, defense wins rings. But considering the fact that Buffalo doesn’t have any of that, a franchise QB could be a good starting point for this team. Again, Newton is a proven winner in an athletic beast’s body. "

Ha... You're really digging for articles. You won me over! Newton for president 2012!

Newbie... Welcome and thanks for your 2 cents. Personal attacks are not welcomed here. What I mean to say is... This is the reason I work at home with the shades down... I can't deal with society and they way people are rude to one another... I prefer to deal with people on these messageboards only. I love 2 things... My peeps on the board and a good serial murder investigation!

If he falls into round 2, I'm fine with Newton. Gailey has shown what he can do with QB's. Getting picked in the second round pick is no guarantee a player has to be heir apparent at QB. Newton would be in position where'd he'd have to fight for the job rather than it being handed to him.

We need a first round pick to make an immediate impact.

First off it's "Amish"

Secondly, Amish QB's tend to get it done better in the NFL than glitter college QB's. You could field an entire roster of college superstars who's done nothing in the NFL. Will these two be the exception, maybe, but not likely. From what I saw of Tebow, he had one pretty good game and two average at best. Were they above average for a rookie, probably, but does that mean he will continue to improve, who knows. So to cal lhim a superstar is based on nothing but hope. Ususually gimic players can look good for a season or so until enough teams get film on them and figure out how to stop them.

Look at Flutie, his first year in Buffalo, looked great, made the pro-bowl, second year, average (except in his own press conferences). Why cause teams figured out, clog the middle and don't let him take off and run. Make him throw to the outsdie. Once they did that, he was nothing special and you saw why he played in Canada and everywhere but the NFL all those years. I see a similar future for Tebow. And BTW, Tebow is no more a "winner" than Flutie was in college.

[/

The last time weve been relevant was during the short Flutie era. Ill take a Flutie or a Tebow and hopefully Cam all day long over what weve had and what we have now. Youre probably the type that preferred Trent Edwards over Vick when Vick was available via free agency. This team needs excitement, not 70 yr. old GMs, minor league coaches, 3rd tier players and career backup QBs.

Edited by Bzee

Its funny how people say he's a running qb but if they watch this video they'd find out he's not. I think some call him a running qb cuz he's black im mean just call it like it is...

I want Cam on this team he would bring excitement and youth to an overall boring team the last ounce of life buffalo had was marshawn...I want fairley bad but to be realistic he's not gonna be there at 3, Cam would be 2 on the list with bowers a close 3... Fitz isn't gonna cut it im sorry he's is pure unadulterated trash. Brohm should be playing in the arena league if you wanna keep it all the was real, he is hot sun garbage. I know we need a D-line to stop the run but this type of talent comes rarely.

"Roger Goodell Stalin voice" With the 3rd pick in the draft the Buffalo Bills select Cam Newton, quarterback, Auburn University...BUFFALO GOES WILD!!!!.....mark it down....

No doubt Newton can sling it. He has a great arm and was very accurate given the offensive system he was in. But poeple aren't calling him a running quarterback just because he's black. He had 20 rushing TDs to go along with his 30 passing. He attempted 280 passes...and 264 rushes. Pretty even split.

That's why some highlight his running ability as a QB. Not because of his race.

No doubt Newton can sling it. He has a great arm and was very accurate given the offensive system he was in. But poeple aren't calling him a running quarterback just because he's black. He had 20 rushing TDs to go along with his 30 passing. He attempted 280 passes...and 264 rushes. Pretty even split.

That's why some highlight his running ability as a QB. Not because of his race.

+1