AJ Green is available when the Bills Pick....

It's obvious to me after watching the Jets handle them, that the Patriots need a major talent upgrade at WR. If AJ Green is there at #3 and the PATS offer you #17 and #32 would you make the deal?

Since they don't own the #32 pick this whole question is irrelevant. They do own the #17, #28, and the #33 picks though. I would trade it for all three, but Belichick isn't a fool, he's not going to go Mike Ditka all of a sudden.

Also, when was the last time Belichick took a first round WR? You think he wants to have a replay of the Chad Jackson debacle? Unlike casual fans, Belichick doesn't put such a premium on "skill" position players.

No deals to anybody in the AFC.

The entire AFC? Really??

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just awoke from a nightmare....you were doing your best impression of Ralph & Buddy and you made this stupid deal with New England...

Congratulations....You're a confirmed jerk!!! Why certain board members feel the need to devolve a football conversation into personal attacks I'll never know. There will be no further responses to you little Mutt!!!

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

What makes you think Belichick would trade up to the 3rd spot? Is it his history of trading down? Or that he gets tons of mileage from guys he picks up off the waiver wire at the skills positions?

Historically speaking, you're points are absolutely correct. The question is primarily a hypothetical from a Bills perspective. From a NE vantage given their traditional philosophy that you referred to, they may be ready to change because of the two factors:

1) Patriots haven't won a SB since 2004 and have lost in the 1st round in their last three playoff appearances

2)The expected rookie wage scale that lessens the financial commitment to an unproven player taken in the top 5.

Historically speaking, you're points are absolutely correct. The question is primarily a hypothetical from a Bills perspective. From a NE vantage given their traditional philosophy that you referred to, they may be ready to change because of the two factors:

1) Patriots haven't won a SB since 2004 and have lost in the 1st round in their last three playoff appearances

2)The expected rookie wage scale that lessens the financial commitment to an unproven player taken in the top 5.

Fair enough.

Don't be surprised if the Bills sprint to the podium to take AJ Green if he has a great combine. ;)

Fair enough.

Don't be surprised if the Bills sprint to the podium to take AJ Green if he has a great combine. ;)

i just don't see it....i know "production" is most important, but folks will be disappointed in his 40 yard speed time (4.5) just not fast enough to go #3 overall....i'm not pushin patrick petterson , but he ran a 4.37 and claims he will go 4.3 at the combine.

i just don't see it....i know "production" is most important, but folks will be disappointed in his 40 yard speed time (4.5) just not fast enough to go #3 overall....i'm not pushin patrick petterson , but he ran a 4.37 and claims he will go 4.3 at the combine.

I hear ya it will probably turn some fans off, but they said the same thing about Fitzgerald when he was coming out. What they do both have in common, is every other necessary skill to succeed at the position, and moreover, the propensity to run every single route in the play book. This would be a nice change of pace having your #1WR do that.

I might be crazy but im starting to warm up to the idea of AJ Green at 3. Envisioning Green and Johnson on the outside with Evans in the slot intrigues me. Throw in Spiller and Jackson in the backfield , and wow , what an offense , presuming we sign a RT and a TE.

Im not advocating Green @ 3 ( I would much rather see Dareus/Fairley/Bowers taken here ) but I wouldnt be completely pissed if we took Green.

I might be crazy but im starting to warm up to the idea of AJ Green at 3. Envisioning Green and Johnson on the outside with Evans in the slot intrigues me. Throw in Spiller and Jackson in the backfield , and wow , what an offense , presuming we sign a RT and a TE.

Im not advocating Green @ 3 ( I would much rather see Dareus/Fairley/Bowers taken here ) but I wouldnt be completely pissed if we took Green.

Our team desperately needs Big Uglies!!!

Peter King Question

On which big receiver, 6-4, 220-pound Julio Jones of Alabama or 6-4, 212-pound A.J. Green of Georgia, will be picked higher: [Actually, I phrased the question, "Which receiver will the Patriots trade up to get?''] Kiper likes the more polished Green slightly better, though he said: "Julio Jones is big, physical, tough, and blocks better than any receiver I've ever graded. But he drops the ball sometimes.''

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/peter_king/01/23/championships/index.html#ixzz1Byb7rTGi

Also, when was the last time Belichick took a first round WR? You think he wants to have a replay of the Chad Jackson debacle? Unlike casual fans, Belichick doesn't put such a premium on "skill" position players.

What makes you think Belichick would trade up to the 3rd spot? Is it his history of trading down? Or that he gets tons of mileage from guys he picks up off the waiver wire at the skills positions?

I am obviously in the minority but put me in the Julio Jones is better than AJ Green" Group

PS: I am so against taking AJ Green I would *almost* rather not select anyone at 3 and forfeit the pick completely. Id MUCH rather take a RT like Carimi or the TE from ND Rudolf. Both of those guys would make our offense and TEAM better than Green would - even if they arent as good as idividual players. I am tired of DBs, RBs, and WRs because they equal losing seasons without playoff berths. The two model organizations in this league over the past decade is the Pats and Steelers. They dont put an emphasis on these less important positions. What more evidence do you need than the Cardinals as of late. Great WRs, Great QB, Super bowl appearance. Lose the QB, draft in the top 5. Colts lose M Harrison, who cares, plug in the Moreman of the month, we have P Manning. Get with it OBD, this isnt a Madden Franchise <_< .

Edited by Thoner7