Am I crazy for realy wanting to get Gaither

95altima12

Yes, he is a FA.

Harbaugh recently stated he would like to have him back.

For a little insight, go check out the Ravens message boards. I's say it's 80-20 they would LOVE to have him back. They are very down on Oher at LT and would love to see him moved back to the right side w/ Gaither back on the left. Some concerns about attitude, but the biggest concern seems to be centered on his injured back.

He didn't do himself any favors by missing the entire season, so IMO the price for him would be lowered considerably. Incentive laden contract w/ playing time as a major stipulation?

I thought Oher had a terrible game against the Steelers.

Not sure he is a left tackle.

Though Bell trying to block Jared Allen was worse.

Crazy. I think Nix is glad Ozzie wouldn't take the third he was offered and Ozzie is probably kicking himself. Season ending injury prone, focussed mainly on getting a fat contract, a history of being branded a slagger by his coaches - just too much risk. You take enuf chances, inevitably, in the draft. Use free agency for sure fire quality players with the right attitude, even if you have to pay them.

Crazy. I think Nix is glad Ozzie wouldn't take the third he was offered and Ozzie is probably kicking himself. Season ending injury prone, focussed mainly on getting a fat contract, a history of being branded a slagger by his coaches - just too much risk. You take enuf chances, inevitably, in the draft. Use free agency for sure fire quality players with the right attitude, even if you have to pay them.

Did we ever even offer a pick for Gaither? I hadn't heard that. As far as injuries are concerned, this is his first to my knowledge. Attitude seems to be the big red flag.

Did you mean slacker? There are some funny definitions for the term (slagger) in Urban Dictionary.

Did we ever even offer a pick for Gaither? I hadn't heard that. As far as injuries are concerned, this is his first to my knowledge. Attitude seems to be the big red flag.

Did you mean slacker? There are some funny definitions for the term (slagger) in Urban Dictionary.

Yes thanks I meant slacker. Don't know if he is also a slagger. I do mean what I say but maybe sometimes I don't say what I mean.

As for the trade, I do not recall exactly whether it was merely widely rumoured at the time or whether it was reported as official. Maybe another poster has a better memory. My sense of it was that there were enuf reports of it that everyone took it as a real ongoing (albeit not for long) negotiation. I think Ozzie wanted a 1st rounder.

Yes thanks I meant slacker. Don't know if he is also a slagger. I do mean what I say but maybe sometimes I don't say what I mean.

As for the trade, I do not recall exactly whether it was merely widely rumoured at the time or whether it was reported as official. Maybe another poster has a better memory. My sense of it was that there were enuf reports of it that everyone took it as a real ongoing (albeit not for long) negotiation. I think Ozzie wanted a 1st rounder.

Yeah, I remember a lot of speculation at the time regarding us sending a CB to them for him. Just didn't know if a trade/picks were confirmed.

No worries, it would be interesting if the trade went through because of his potential IMO. I was just asking about the term because it was a funny definition when I went and looked it up.

Yeah, I remember a lot of speculation at the time regarding us sending a CB to them for him. Just didn't know if a trade/picks were confirmed.

No worries, it would be interesting if the trade went through because of his potential IMO. I was just asking about the term because it was a funny definition when I went and looked it up.

Ravens tendered him as a first if I recall and it was widely rumoured that Ozzie would settle for a second. Since a deal didn't get done maybe people inferred that Buddy would only give a third, but I thought Buddy had actually said as much. A Bill CB would have made sense too all things considered. Think there was also some talk of Troy Smith being in the mix, but not much.

I'd put Gaither in the same catagory as Merriman. He used to be good, then got hurt, no one knows if he'll return to form, and therefore could probably be had on the cheap. As to need, I wouldn't rely on him to start, but he could potentially provide depth, because if Bell goes down we don't have much behind him.

On a side note, one thing we need to remember is that just because someone is a FA doesn't mean that we have first dibs. There are 31 other teams competing for talent.