Make a call to the Jets?

Ok, and here's some info:

Quincy Carter '03 season: 292/505  57.8% 3302yards  17TDs 21INTs. Rating: 71.4

Drew Bledsoe '03 season: 274/471  58.2% 2860yards  11TDS 12INTs. Rating:73.0

NO, I am not saying he should replace frigging bledsoe people, so settle down. What i am saying is that all of you who are saying he would be a terrible option are basing that opinion on WHAT? Only one of you so far has said WHY its a bad idea. Others, not surprisingly, just attacked the point.

11926[/snapback]

Easy there. It's a bad idea because why trade a draft pick when we can get an equally marginal quarterback for a few hundred thousand?

Anyway...TB will be back in a month or so, which makes the whole scenario moot IMO.

Easy there. It's a bad idea because why trade a draft pick when we can get an equally marginal quarterback for a few hundred thousand?

Anyway...TB will be back in a month or so, which makes the whole scenario moot IMO.

11934[/snapback]

Well, since starting this thread, I did see TBrown is only out for 4-6. Thank goodness. But, it also means we now will not go get a guy who could actually start his way through this season should bledsoe go down. Now, we will most likely get some scrub. to be Drews backup till week 6

VABills, from reading you posts for a while, I realize you are very good at one thing. Instead of giving any of your own opinions as to why something would work, or why it wouldnt, you simply make personal attacks like a jackass. This is the second thread today in which you have added absolutly NOTHING of substance, but instead chose to tear on the poster themselves. Bravo.

NO, I am not saying he should replace frigging bledsoe people, so settle down. What i am saying is that all of you who are saying he would be a terrible option are basing that opinion on WHAT? Only one of you so far has said WHY its a bad idea. Others, not surprisingly, just attacked the point.

11926[/snapback]

Okay, first off, you don;t trade, especially a 2nd rounder for a guy who was on the street last week. Second while I wasn't opposed to signing him last week, he isn't as good as the number shown. Dallas had a better Oline then us last year, and QC has similar numbers to Drew, who had a bad oline, bad coaching a hurt #1, and the #2 was really a #3 receiver.

Doesn't say alot about QC.

As to the other poster, it was a flat out stupid ascertion that was factless. In fact wehn looking at the facts the other poster was wrong in his assumptions, but anything goes if you ignore facts.

At least now, in response to me you have provided some facts, but IMHO it still a stupid trade.

Who do we sign, I don't know. Why even sign someone, if TB is only out 3-4 weeks, have Zolman stick, or sign one of the scrubs on the street. George, Matthews Doug Johnson.

The jets before they got Carter were in the same postion Bills are today with their main backup injured and no viable replacement.

they had even brought in akai smith last week and had thought of even bringing Rob Johnson, there is not a snow balls chance they would at this time trade Carter to anyone and frankyl the Jets trading Carter to Bills and helping a adversary with non Viable healthy backup to replace him , would have been as crazy as Bills trading Travis to fish.

Time will tell if Jets got lucky on this one and Bills just a week late as Losman was injured and could have gone after Carter as well

VABills, from reading you posts for a while, I realize you are very good at one thing. Instead of giving any of your own opinions as to why something would work, or why it wouldnt, you simply make personal attacks like a jackass. This is the second thread today in which you have added absolutly NOTHING of substance, but instead chose to tear on the poster themselves. Bravo.

11926[/snapback]

So are you actually advocating trading a 2nd round pick to a division rival for what amounts to a journeyman QB with a substance abuse problem who we could have had last week for nothing? Yeah, that's very "lahjikal." Then you actually bumped the post?

Putting stats up as a measure of a player is never a good idea. There's alot more to any story than stats alone can tell.

So are you actually advocating trading a 2nd round pick to a division rival for what amounts to a journeyman QB with a substance abuse problem who we could have had last week for nothing?  Yeah, that's very "lahjikal."  Then you actually bumped the post?

Putting stats up as a measure of a player is never a good idea.  There's alot more to any story than stats alone can tell.

11997[/snapback]

That's not to mention that there is no consideration given whatsoever to the fact that the Jets would laugh their ass off at us if we approached them with this idea. You think they signed Carter because they have solid backup QBs and were fishing for a second round pick from someone?

They got Carter because they're in the same situation as we are right now; NO proven back up QB. Why in the name of all that is holy would they TRADE the guy?

All together now: Must...think...all...thoughts...through.... :D:lol:;):)

No... what i was saying is that since we do not have a #1 pick next year, our #2 becomes our #1. So, we dont have the luxery of trading the #2 pick like would would if we still had a first rounder.

Second of all, I honestly dont understand why everyone thinks looky at Quincy is such an awful idea. If it was logistically probable, I would say he is the best man available.

11753[/snapback]

But, we already have a guy who is our next QB...just traded a #1 and more for him. So all we need is a short term backup who probably will never see a snap. I wouldn't trade ANY draft pick for that, especially when we can pick up someone who is probably just as good on the open market.