Pokerstars.net New Home Games( Beta)

ajzepp

Hey guys...some of you already know this, but just to clarify, the pokerstars.net download is for play money only. Please also download the pokerstars.com version for when we play real money games. We can do both if that's what you guys want, but my personal view is that it's often better to have at least like a $1 entry fee just cause people will play more seriously.

I was thinking about when might be a good night to have recurring tourney times. We won't have the NFL anymore a month from now, so I thought maybe Sunday afternoons or evenings might work. When are you guys typically available to play, and what nights/days/times do you think would work best?

*I will be making a deposit either tonight or tomorrow night after work so I'll be able to offer some feedback on the process. If any of you guys are already playing here, maybe let us know your experiences too

I agree that a little money needs to be thrown in for the game to be taken seriously. This is my first foray into online poker though, so I'm not sure of the process. Do I just shove coins into the nooks and crannies in my lap top? :ph34r:

Sunday afternoons are fine by me, by the way.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that a little money needs to be thrown in for the game to be taken seriously. This is my first foray into online poker though, so I'm not sure of the process. Do I just shove coins into the nooks and crannies in my lap top? :ph34r:

Sunday afternoons are fine by me, by the way.

lol, the shoving coins into the lap top is hit or miss, to be honest...:) The easiest way is to use an e-check, cause until the online gambling legislation finally gets settled, the credit card companies can't approve transactions to online poker sites. If you're not comfortable doing that, I'm sure there are other ways to fund your account. When you download the pokerstars.com version, you'll see a red button that says "cashier". There should be some info there on the various funding options, or you can email them at support@pokerstars.com. I've emailed them twice in the last 24 hr and they got right back to me both times. I would advise you to do whatever you're most comfortable with, but I'll also tell you that I've been playing online for almost ten years and have never had a problem. But it's always good to exercise caution whenever doing this sort of thing, as you know.

Bank of America online is down for maintenance right now, so I'm going to make my deposit after work tomorrow. I'll let you guys know how smoothly it goes. I'm planning to use the e-check feature.

So far it sounds like Sundays are showing promise. What time do you guys think works best? Maybe like 7 or 8 pm eastern time? I know a few folks are left coasters, so hopefully that won't be too early for them.

Edited by ajzepp

What's up, poker people?

I was thinking about scheduling a small tourney a week from this Sunday. The ProBowl is on that weekend, so I thought this might be a godo time to have a tourney while the game was on, since I don't think many folks will be glued to their seats like they will be during the championship games or Superbowl.

What do you guys think? Maybe a start time of about 7:30 on Sunday Jan 30th? It woudl be really nice to at least have a table full of people, so if you guys have friends who want to play, just let me know and I'll get them an invite. And anyone else who hasn't signed up, yet, come on aboard!! :D

What's up, poker people?

I was thinking about scheduling a small tourney a week from this Sunday. The ProBowl is on that weekend, so I thought this might be a godo time to have a tourney while the game was on, since I don't think many folks will be glued to their seats like they will be during the championship games or Superbowl.

What do you guys think? Maybe a start time of about 7:30 on Sunday Jan 30th? It woudl be really nice to at least have a table full of people, so if you guys have friends who want to play, just let me know and I'll get them an invite. And anyone else who hasn't signed up, yet, come on aboard!! :D

PS. Assuming we have some interest in this game, it will be a free tourney so that we can all get used to the interface. All you have to do in order to play is email me for an invite and download the free software. :thumbsup:

I'm going to be an extra in a Zombie music video being filmed that day so won't be able to join you. -_-

If that works out well for you, you could probably get a role in the new TNT series called "The Walking Dead Money"

KD and WVU, you guys both have invites in your PM boxes :thumbsup:

This is awesome...we may actually get a full table!

Just as a reminder, this first tourney is for PLAY MONEY, so it won't cost you a thing to join us...

And any of you guys can feel free to invite any friends, family, etc...the more the merrier! Just share with them the same info that I sent you all, and they'll be able to sign up, too.

Just found out something pretty cool...

The records and results of our club games all count toward the standings, whether we play with fake money or real money. So even in the free tourneys, there are bragging rights on the line! :thumbsup:

We've already got 7 signed up, and I know at least two others who will join in the near future, so there are almost enough members to fill a table....pretty cool! Hopefully a few months from now we'll be able to actually have multi-table tourneys...

Just so you guys know, I'm giving Administrative powers to all TBD'ers who sign up. That way if there's ever a time when someoen wants to set up their own tourney and invite others, they won't need me to be around to approve the invites. This will also let you have a head's up match right away in case you're trying to resolve any disputes or anything lol.

PS. If you lose and get mad, NO BANNING PEOPLE lol

Edited by ajzepp

WOOOHOOO!!!! WE JUST HIT TEN MEMBERS!

That is officially more than we've ever had in the past, and there are still a few more (at least) who have shown interest but not yet joined. We now have the potential for a multi-table tourney for when everyone plays, and hopefully we'll continue growing and be able to have multi-table events every time.

All TBD'ers who have joined the club should see that they have admin privileges....send me a PM if you don't!

And as always, if you guys know of anyone who wants to join, sign em up or send me an invite request. People can join for free, and our first tourney is going to be totally free. Nobody ever has to feel pressured to spend a dime or to play in any given tourney...no stress poker...that's my motto!

I just joined...Sunday's will always be bad for me, Sunday dinner cannot be missed. But up for almost any other time!

You got it, man...now that we have a way to send out notices to everyone at once, we can set tourneys for whenever we like :thumbsup:

Glad to have ya!