Ron Rivera new HC of the Panthers

CosmicBills

Question is...what defense will he run? He's run the 3-4 and the Tampa 2. I think that affects which defensive player gets taken.

I only see the Panthers going for Green if they say, get Vince Young for QB, or otherwise address that position to their satisfaction in free agency.

RIvera comes from the chargers and they run a 3/4

This year could be different due mainly to the lack of QB and OT talent at the very top of the draft. I certainly would not be shocked to see Green/Peterson go 1/2, given the needs of Carolina and Denver.

Needs for both teams and probable number 1 and 2 on most boards. That is what I am hoping for anyway give me Fairley or the alabama kid anyday

Nick Fairely is almost assuredly going to be the #1 overall know.

Bowers would be the only other option if he think Bowers can play a giant Rush Backer in a 3-4 a la Woodely and Terrell Suggs.

In this Year's draft it'd expect a rookie defensive coach to want to make his mark with a cornerstone piece like Fairely.

got this off the rotoworld site \

http://www.rotoworld.com/

New coach Ron Rivera confirmed Tuesday that he will stick with a 4-3 defensive scheme in Carolina.

Rivera used the 3-4 most recently in San Diego, but he's coached both schemes in the past. Though he promised to use "some elements" of the 3-4 in his new defense, key players such as MLB Jon Beason will stay in their comfort zones. River emphasized that his will be an "attacking" defense, which is pretty much what all new defensive coaches promise.

I don't think Carolina drafts Bowers. Charles Johnson is a beast, and they invested a 1st round pick in Everette Brown two years ago.

Johnson is an unrestricted free agent whose only good year came in a contract year (a major red flag for many organizations) and Brown has been mostly invisible.

Bowers is a real possibility at No. 1 overall if you ask me.