Chan on the radio

Bump.

Did anyone here happen to catch this?

Decided I wanted to hear this interview and was a little late for work to listen. All it was was the same old cliches...we are what our records says, we're closer than our record was.

I was a little disappointed and I'm a Chan fan. So I didn't stay to listen to the whole thing after all the same old same old although I'm not sure we think we're going to get any thing new over a radio interview.

Looking forward to the new season and hopeful for a season...

He was on the edge this morning with Bull. Supposedly that interview will be up on their website after the show.

Quick points: He's committed to Fitz, but still looking for a long term QB since fitz isnt exactly too young anymore. He's currently evaluating the defense, so still no update there. His tight end bit was interesting. Basically said that TEs that can both block and catch are few and far between, and with our depth at WR, he's not sure if thats a 100% necessary component (aka, if we can find one, great. If not, oh well we'll manage.)

Decided I wanted to hear this interview and was a little late for work to listen. All it was was the same old cliches...we are what our records says, we're closer than our record was.

I was a little disappointed and I'm a Chan fan. So I didn't stay to listen to the whole thing after all the same old same old although I'm not sure we think we're going to get any thing new over a radio interview.

Looking forward to the new season and hopeful for a season...

Classic coachspeak BS. You either "are what your record says" or you're not. If you are, then at 4-12, you're not close to success. You're not anywhere near success, and you have to admit that. I don't mind the basic coachspeak of "we're closer than our record says, because of injuries and close losses" (ignoring that every team has injuries and loses some close games), but I hate this move. Trying to appear like a straight shooter who faces reality and tells the hard truth, but in reality making the same excuses as everyone else.

And in truth, we're exactly as far away as our record shows. Sure, we had some close losses against some legit teams, but good teams rarely get blown out. We got blown out FIVE times. And on the other end, all 4 of our wins were against losing teams, 3 of which finished with 5 or less wins. And the only one even close to a blowout was the Bungles game, where we still got down 17 in the first half. I was willing to forget about the horrific start to the year, since it looked like we were making real progress in the second half, but those last 2 drubbings were a reality check. This team stunk and nothing about it was encouraging. Let's hope for another '85 or '87 draft in 2011.

He was on the edge this morning with Bull. Supposedly that interview will be up on their website after the show.

Quick points: He's committed to Fitz, but still looking for a long term QB since fitz isnt exactly too young anymore. He's currently evaluating the defense, so still no update there. His tight end bit was interesting. Basically said that TEs that can both block and catch are few and far between, and with our depth at WR, he's not sure if thats a 100% necessary component (aka, if we can find one, great. If not, oh well we'll manage.)

I'm no expert but I just have to disagree with this assessment on tight ends. It seems like all the good teams in today's NFL have an above average tight end. Gronkowski and Hernandez set the world on fire as mid range targets after Moss left New England. The Saints immediately got better toward the end of the season once Graham started contributing in the red zone.

At the best, a good pass catching tight end can be a major contributor. At the least, he can be a nice safety valve. At the moment, we have neither.

Classic coachspeak BS. You either "are what your record says" or you're not. If you are, then at 4-12, you're not close to success. You're not anywhere near success, and you have to admit that. I don't mind the basic coachspeak of "we're closer than our record says, because of injuries and close losses" (ignoring that every team has injuries and loses some close games), but I hate this move. Trying to appear like a straight shooter who faces reality and tells the hard truth, but in reality making the same excuses as everyone else.

And in truth, we're exactly as far away as our record shows. Sure, we had some close losses against some legit teams, but good teams rarely get blown out. We got blown out FIVE times. And on the other end, all 4 of our wins were against losing teams, 3 of which finished with 5 or less wins. And the only one even close to a blowout was the Bungles game, where we still got down 17 in the first half. I was willing to forget about the horrific start to the year, since it looked like we were making real progress in the second half, but those last 2 drubbings were a reality check. This team stunk and nothing about it was encouraging. Let's hope for another '85 or '87 draft in 2011.

Dude... stop being a straight shooter. That pisses people off on the board. The rose colored glasses and koolaid croud want Bermuda, not Siberia.

I'm no expert but I just have to disagree with this assessment on tight ends. It seems like all the good teams in today's NFL have an above average tight end. Gronkowski and Hernandez set the world on fire as mid range targets after Moss left New England. The Saints immediately got better toward the end of the season once Graham started contributing in the red zone.

At the best, a good pass catching tight end can be a major contributor. At the least, he can be a nice safety valve. At the moment, we have neither.

Thost the lentils speaking? :P

While I agree with most of what you say, I am, at the same time, optimistic about the direction the Bills are heading right now. However, with very few exceptions, most teams, good or bad, get blown out once or twice a season...Vegas loves it!

I sometimes wonder whether a team having a good TE is a sign they have all the other holes plugged and can afford the "luxury" of getting a good TE. In this case having a good TE would be an effect, rather than the cause of success.