Diplomats part of corporations sales force

Because if you break into my house I can shoot you. But wait I invited you in and still shot you? Ah a little detail. But I got half the story-thats what's important.

In that case, only one of your statements is true. Either I broke in or I didn't.

If we agree that Wikileaks is providing truthful information, you'll need a better analogy to make your point.

He's like some weird hybrid - the unfocused verbal diarrhea of EII, the single-minded tenacious obnoxiousness of Tennyboy, and the blithering idiocy of molson_golden.

more like Gene without that pesky good will and sense of fair play slowing me down.

So if I understand it correctly, the point of the story is that often times when foreign governments are considering multi-billion dollar purchases, our diplomats try to persuade them do business with companies in our country? Kind of like when a Governor tries to persuade a company to build its plant in his state? Is that what's been "exposed" here?

Next we'll get a story "exposing" the theory that Congress is posturing for the next election... :oops: Too late.

So if I understand it correctly, the point of the story is that often times when foreign governments are considering multi-billion dollar purchases, our diplomats try to persuade them do business with companies in our country? Kind of like when a Governor tries to persuade a company to build its plant in his state? Is that what's been "exposed" here?

Next we'll get a story "exposing" the theory that Congress is posturing for the next election... :oops: Too late.

No crap, I don't think it's a big deal and is probably a good thing. I think it's funny that as soon as Wikileaks is mentioned people start getting all upset.

I'm not saying if this is a good or bad thing but remember it the next time someone blathers on about free markets or government interference.

In that case, only one of your statements is true. Either I broke in or I didn't.

If we agree that Wikileaks is providing truthful information, you'll need a better analogy to make your point.

It's like your girlfriend asked you to stop drinking and then turned off the TV just as the C snaps the ball for a 50 yd FG in OT. You get mad and storm out, so she calls her sister and says, "I asked him to stop drinking and he stormed off". While factually accurate, the omission of the other fact skews the story that is being portrayed.

If you would like further examples of this just tune in to The Daily Show, and then research the stories they covered.

Edited by Rob's House

He's like some weird hybrid - the unfocused verbal diarrhea of EII, the single-minded tenacious obnoxiousness of Tennyboy, and the blithering idiocy of molson_golden.

Lets face it-in some bizarre way we miss Conner. Just simple slug head bully's without the village idiot to pick on. But man his replacements are sure knocking em out of the park.

Lets face it-in some bizarre way we miss Conner. Just simple slug head bully's without the village idiot to pick on. But man his replacements are sure knocking em out of the park.

what possession of the bully do you refer to or are you one among the bullies?

It's like your girlfriend asked you to stop drinking and then turned off the TV just as the C snaps the ball for a 50 yd FG in OT. You get mad and storm out, so she calls her sister and says, "I asked him to stop drinking and he stormed off". While factually accurate, the omission of the other fact skews the story that is being portrayed.

If you would like further examples of this just tune in to The Daily Show, and then research the stories they covered.

That's a bit better, though part of the story in this case is still more accurate than none of the story.

The challenge now is to show how the release of this cable is skewing what actually happened in the same way.

Actually, the point of the story is when foreign governments are considering multi-billion dollar purchases of airliners, our diplomats try to persuade them do business with Boeing.

And it's just SO unfair that the US government manipulates the free markets like that, when Airbus relies strictly relies on the merits of their product.

+1. Stupidest thread ever.

But I do find it revealing that the idea that diplomats are trying to get export business for US compaines provokes a response that it is about giving more money to the rich rather than about jobs.

Edited by finknottle

+1. Stupidest thread ever.

But I do find it revealing that the idea that diplomats are trying to get export business for US compaines provokes a response that it is about giving more money to the rich rather than about jobs.

Did'nt you know all those line workers in Everett and Renton are rich, greedy slobs?

True story....did the Everett plant tour once and caught them on their lunch hour. They were eating $20s and shitting $50s.

****, isnt EVERYONE in Seattle rich? Theres that Gates guy I saw on Fox News once.

Edited by RkFast

Meanwhile, in the real-world world, here's a piece from the Japan Times contrasting the development of China and India. There is an interesting passage relevent to this discussion, on Chinese Premier Wen's visit to India two weeks ago.

Wen arrived with great fanfare, as if trying to prove that anything that the United States, France or Britain could do, China could do better and bigger. All four countries have paid court to India in recent weeks looking for business deals. President Barack Obama took 215 business leaders; Nicolas Sarkozy led more than 60; and David Cameron was accompanied by 40 British business executives. Premier Wen took 400 executives, including bosses from Shanghai Electric, SinoSteel and telecoms firms ZTE and Huawei.

When Wen left after a packed three days, China and India had signed 50 deals for power, steel, wind energy, telecommunications as well as food and marine products, altogether worth about $16 billion, much bigger than the $10 billion worth that Obama and his business leaders left with. The two neighbors also agreed to increase their trade from $60 billion to $100 billion by 2015.

http://search.japantimes.co.jp/cgi-bin/eo20110104a1.html

Meanwhile, in the real-world world, here's a piece from the Japan Times contrasting the development of China and India. There is an interesting passage relevent to this discussion, on Chinese Premier Wen's visit to India two weeks ago.

http://search.japant...20110104a1.html

Tut tut. A mear trifle. Haven't you heard - George Bush twisted the Saudi King's arm to get him to buy some high tech gizmods that the King wanted for his plane.