2005 No number 1 thanks to trading up for Losman

2006 Donte Whitner--zero probowls

2006 John McCargo--zero probowls epic bust

2007 Marshawn Lynch--one probowl

2008 Leodis McKelvin--zero probowls

2009 Aaron MAybin--zero probowls on his way to becoming another epic bust

Eric Wood--zero probowls

2010 CJ Spiller--zero probowls

So in summary 12 number 1 picks and 2 pro bowls as a Bill. In fact only 3 current starters, 4 if you count McKelvin.

The only judge of whether a player has talent or not is the Pro Bowl? Really? If so, than that means only 100 some odd (or whatever the # of players who go) players are any good and there are a TON of "talentless" players in the NFL.

Sean O'Hara is starting the Pro Bowl at C for the NFC.

So there goes your idea on what a Pro Bowl berth is worth.

Edited by RkFast

I know both of these last two losses hurt because they were so out-classed in both contests. However, a closer look reveals that the team was playing with practice squad players in a number of key positions in both games. The team that was routed in back-to-back weeks by the Pats (who have been crushing EVERYBODY) and the Jets was very different from the team that peaked 4 or 5 weeks ago. That healthier team played toe-to-toe with the Ravens, Chiefs, Steelers, and Bears -- four teams who have made it into the playoffs, two of which have a bye in the first round. The problem continues to be depth, which I am hoping will be partially remedied with a good draft in April. With better depth, a little better luck in the injury department and a few solid improvements here and there, I believe that this team can compete with MOST of the teams in the league.

I don't want to spoil the pity party, and I agree completely we have done a bad job drafting. But this one game we had a backup QB and a bunch of PS player at WR and o-line. The result is not that surprising. No excuse for th D though. That was pitiful.

I thought we all wanted a loss? Was it for the better pick or to feel sorry for ourselves?

PTR

A loss helps the team, but that still doesn't change the harsh reality of the talent level on the team. It isn't about having a pity party, it's about objectively (as objectively as we can as Bills fans) comparing the skill level of the players on our roster to those on other more competitive rosters. By my quasi-objective analysis, the findings are pretty bleak.

Also PTR - is it about time you switched off that signature? While Fitzpatrick played well against the Ravens, the point was that he was #2 or #3 in the league with a 100+ QB rating and several posters speculated that it would plummet. And plummet it did, right back towards his career averages and squarely bottom third of the league. Just happened a week late :)

Heres are first round and probowls

2001 Nate Clements---one probowl 2004

2002 Mike Williams--Zero, epic bust

2003 Willis McGahee--zero as a Bill, one as alternate with Ravens

2004 Lee Evans--zero probowls

JP Losman--zero probowls bust

2005 No number 1 thanks to trading up for Losman

2006 Donte Whitner--zero probowls

2006 John McCargo--zero probowls epic bust

2007 Marshawn Lynch--one probowl

2008 Leodis McKelvin--zero probowls

2009 Aaron MAybin--zero probowls on his way to becoming another epic bust

Eric Wood--zero probowls

2010 CJ Spiller--zero probowls

So in summary 12 number 1 picks and 2 pro bowls as a Bill. In fact only 3 current starters, 4 if you count McKelvin.

Always good to see this recapped....for the 1,000 time on TSW. (Never looks any better as well.) Nonetheless, our current GM is really only responsible for the 2010 draft and made it clear that he did not want any "one year wonders" (AKA Maybin) when he consulted on teh 2009 draft. So all we can do is hope Buddy is going to do better than the past regimes. I don't have a problem with last year's draft. I think we'll have some goodplayers for years to come from it....kinda like your suppose to. -

It is clear to see on the Buffalo Bills they just do not have any talent. The Star of your team defensively is a 5th round pick 4 years ago. The offensive star is a 7th round pick 3 years ago. If you asked Bills fans who the next best players on the team were. It would be 2 undrafted WO in Nelson, and Jones. We are devoid of a top 5 (some will argue that we do not have a top 10) talent at any position. Not one position on the Buffalo Bills has a top tier player in it. Sorry folks Kyle Williams is not a top tier DT. Played well in some games this year. But Defensive very unsuccessful. The draft has produced nothing for the Buffalo Bills over the last several years. Are team is filled with average football players. Nothing else. Except on the Defensive line we are very much below average. The cubbard is very bare ladies and gentlemen. When other teams game plan is to stop Kyle Williams and Stevie Johnson that says a lot.

I agree with what you said, but I would like to add that freee agency has not been all that productive, either.