#3 Pick it is

1B4IDie

No if they make the playoffs they pick #21 after they lose to the Saints.

All non playoff teams pick before all playoff teams.

Then the playoff teams pick based on record among the teams that lost in the same round they lost.

[/quote

So I should be cheering for the Rams as the Bills have the Seahawks 4th round pick(?) from the Lynch trade. Is that correct, I don't want to waste my rooting power for the wrong team.

Mel Kiper Jr. has Nick Fairley (DT Auburn) as his #3 overall prospect. Great player as a 4-3 tackle, but I wonder if he could play end in a 3-4? Seems we could use a linebacker more than anything... Akeem Ayers? Is there a better LB prospect out there?

This may be a stupid question, but what difference does SOS make when the teams met head to head, and the Bills won? I would think that would put Cinci at #3 and Buffalo at #4.

Head to head results do not factor into determining draft position. It's all about SOS first.

in that case, by official TBD fan logic they should go in the tank RIGHT NOW to prevent the tragedy of picking further down in the draft order. Making the playoffs would be an unmmitigated disaster for this team...because everyone knows you can't win without the highest possible pick, at any cost.

They suck out loud and will be annihilated by the Saints next week. Then they will fall behind the Rams next year by picking some dozen or so spots behind them every round.

Yeah - the loser tonight came out ahead over the next 5 years.

Mel Kiper Jr. has Nick Fairley (DT Auburn) as his #3 overall prospect. Great player as a 4-3 tackle, but I wonder if he could play end in a 3-4? Seems we could use a linebacker more than anything... Akeem Ayers? Is there a better LB prospect out there?

Yes Bruce Carter!!

And wasn't there a poster in this thread that said we would draft at the 9 spot? hmm

They suck out loud and will be annihilated by the Saints next week. Then they will fall behind the Rams next year by picking some dozen or so spots behind them every round.

Yeah - the loser tonight came out ahead over the next 5 years.

Yes picking at #21 instead of #16 will turn the Seagulls into a laughing stock over the next 5 years.

I don't even know why the draft continues after the #16 pick, they're barely Practice Squad quality players left at that point.

:wallbash:

Head to head results do not factor into determining draft position. It's all about SOS first.

Thanks, I see that on the NFL's site now. Strange that they don't just go in reverse order of league standings. Never paid attention to that before.

Thanks, I see that on the NFL's site now. Strange that they don't just go in reverse order of league standings. Never paid attention to that before.

They do just go in reverse order of record.

SOS is used as the first tie breaker when teams have the same record.

Edited by Why So Serious?

They do just go in reverse order of record.

SOS is used as the first tie breaker when teams have the same record.

That's what I wasn't aware of, that the selection tie-breakers weren't the same as the standings tie-breakers. I assumed the same tie-breakers used for determining the league standings, and winners of playoff positions (division winner, home-field advantage, etc) would be in effect in reverse. I was surprised to find out they are not. Therefore, while the league standings have the Bills in front of the Bengals due to their head-to-head win, the selection order has the Bills picking in front of them due to the SOS. I'll take it. :)