I can't believe the Cincy game

I understand not going all out to win for draft position such as the Bills sitting Fitz to find out what they had in Brohm (NOTHING - Brown looks better and I would have liked to see him play more. All these players are sprinting in on Brohm and instead of side-stepping them to make a throw or then running he follows through on the world's slowest windup and gets hit as he throws)! And I am glad the Bills lost. However, Cincy has the ball at the 3 at the end of the game on 4th down, a player open in the end zone and Palmer throws a pass twenty yards out of bounds. Please someone who watched that play tell me it wasn't on purpose and some coach told them not to score. They better not draft below us because of that. If they do they must draft someone to take Palmer's job because, if he didn't blow that 4th down play on purpose, he never deserves to start another game in the NFL! I'm pissed that play might keep us from drafting 2nd.

I understand not going all out to win for draft position such as the Bills sitting Fitz to find out what they had in Brohm (NOTHING - Brown looks better and I would have liked to see him play more. All these players are sprinting in on Brohm and instead of side-stepping them to make a throw or then running he follows through on the world's slowest windup and gets hit as he throws)! And I am glad the Bills lost. However, Cincy has the ball at the 3 at the end of the game on 4th down, a player open in the end zone and Palmer throws a pass twenty yards out of bounds. Please someone who watched that play tell me it wasn't on purpose and some coach told them not to score. They better not draft below us because of that. If they do they must draft someone to take Palmer's job because, if he didn't blow that 4th down play on purpose, he never deserves to start another game in the NFL! I'm pissed that play might keep us from drafting 2nd.

You are gonna cry aren't you?

Actually I thought the really dumb play by Cinny was on 2nd down. 1st and 10 on the 12, completion in bounds to the 4, 2nd and 2. Cinncy clocks the ball, now 3rd and 2. Next two plays imcomplete, with 10 seconds left Balt gets the ball game over, Balt wins.

I can understand clocking the ball and giving up a down if on like 50 yard line with 50 secs or so to go. You need a number of long yardage gain plays to score anyway, so one more or less play won't likely make that much a difference. But on the two yard line, you have a better chance of scoring with three tries as opposed to two downs. Totally stupid.

But that's the NFL today! QBs won't whipe their own nose without thaving their coach whispering in their headset on how and when to do it. Whatever happened to calling two plays in the huddle like the old days? Seems every QB has to play "Peyton Manning" and spend five or ten seconds pointing at the defense, tapping the side of his helmet, then again point at the defense touching his thigh, then he can only snap the ball. Granted you may be running a more limited options play, but the defense also doesn't have time to get set, no sub packages, etc. Seems to me a fast play would give the offense the edge in that situation.

BTW, I absolutely don't however believe Cinncy was in any way trying to lose with any of the plays mentioned. It's just coaching in the 21st century and poor play by Palmer. If they wanted to lose on purpose, they would have ran the ball when they first got posession and never passed the ball and be anywhere near the end zone.

I thought the same thing at the time but Palmer has looked like that all season. IMO, he is the reason for their poor season.

If he did it on purpose, he should be worried they would use the high pick to draft his replacement.

It doesn't matter the Bills will be picking before Cinci, With the Jax Loss and the Chargers win the Bills get the #3 pick no matter what happens with the Colts.

Edited by Why So Serious?

I watched the game, actually watched quite a few Bengal games this year, and that is how they played all year, which is why they went from division champs in one of the toughest divisions to a four win team this year. Besides, how is that any different than the way the Bills have blown games all year? Did Stevie "Stonehands" Johnson drop the game winner on purpose to improve the draft? Look at Palmers numbers, he hasn't been the same since he got cheap shot by the Steelers and tore his knee up in the playoffs. Fitz has made several plays this year that were just as bad if not worse than Palmer's play at the end, just look at the Patriots game last week. As Cris Carter said, Fitz didn't turn the ball over 5 times himself he gave it away. Get a tissue or two, it is going to be along off season for Bills fans, and unless things change another season of the same crap in 2011. Go Bills!

Yes, we got the 3rd pick anyway and it's too bad Denver didn't win. I guess the better question is do you think anyone ever tanks a meaningless game for draft reasons? If the Bungels had won they would have had a lot worse pick than the 4th. it was just such a horrendous through by a veteran I couldn't believe it. And they fumbled the drive before.

I wouldn't get too worried about the Bills performance. Brohm was awful and there are too many injuries on offense. They moved the ball outside of the turnovers. The defense stopped the run some. The Jets must have had 50 running plays to get their yards. The big problem was they couldn't get off the field on 3rd down. I'm afraid we need a new D coordinator and a ton of LBs.