The Bills will go nowhere

Cadidliac

It's a 4-11 team. How much worse can they get without a Whitner or Posluszny? The defense is already among the league's worst, ranking dead last in the NFL in rushing yards allowed with 160+ per and 29th in stopping teams on 3rd down.

Both players do their best, but their best is not enough. They need better pieces and must commit the resources to get players who impact games. Whitner and Posluszny are not on the same level with guys like Winfield, P. Williams, Fletcher, and Clements. At least those guys were a part of a core group who played on good defenses. Whitner and Posluszny have never played on a good defense. Never.

While I can completely agree, I must ask... is the solution replacing Poz and Whitner? Or would it be better to keep them and replace the nearly invisible guys like: Turbor, Adoyele, Kelsay, Spencer Johnson, McCargo, Youboty, and so forth? For as much flack as Whitner and Poz get around here; why don't we harp on guys that literally do nothing. Seems to me it would be a better decision to keep the best of the worst; not the other way around.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

While I can completely agree, I must ask... is the solution replacing Poz and Whitner? Or would it be better to keep them and replace the nearly invisible guys like: Turbor, Adoyele, Kelsay, Spencer Johnson, McCargo, Youboty, and so forth? For as much flack as Whitner and Poz get around here; why don't we harp on guys that literally do nothing. Seems to me it would be a better decision to keep the best of the worst; not the other way around.

Both players must be analyzed based on their caliber of play and pay. Neither are elite at their positions first with one looking for a big pay day and the other probably not. Whitner's not getting 6M+, so unless he's Iwilling to take a pay cut, should be allowed to leave. I would be satisfied with a George Wilson until they can find a more suitable replacement.

Posluszny needs to be covered up in whichever defense they decide on. Perhaps teaming him with a better ILB or 43 OLB's might be an option, but he's certainly not going to demand a Whitner sized contract. At this point he probably isn't getting replaced simply because they have so many needs and so few resources to address them.

Edited by BillsVet

Unless we keep good free agents of our own and add or supplement them with draft pix and other team's now Free agents we will never do anything exccept spin our wheels. We need to sign our good players like Poz, Willams, Jackson, etc andf keep them and add to this soild core, not exchange.

Agree on that.

I agree that the Bills must keep what they have as their good players and build around them. The average is 3 years as far as building a decent winning team.(Iguess) Or at least a team that can compete for a playoff spot. The key is what players the Bills organization deem as the players they will build around. I would hope the Organization would try and keep Whitner if the price is fair. It's hard to evaluate a player who plays around a bunch of mediocre players. Especially a DB. Who knows how many times one gets burned because he should of had safety and/or LB help on any given play. I guess that is why it's a team sport. The key in the off season in my opinion would be with the defensive line and linebackers. The Bills have had some great LB trios over the years. That's one of the most exciting thing I used to love to watch with this team. The Bills need to get back to building a nasty LB core that just puts fear in teams. I would like to see a couple FA linebackers and D. lineman added in the offseason. The offense can put up the points and can only get better if kept intact. Hopefully Mr. Wilson will give one last go of it and spend in the offseason to put together a fearsome, fast, strong defence that is good and fun to watch. It's been too long and that is why the D. is at the bottom of the league. That is obvious. Spend, spend, spend on this defence and keep whatever key players they have and the postseason would not be out of the question. This team lost way too many close games. How many overtime games? Tweek the D. with some players who can lead and run this defence on the field. I'm not too worried about the offense. I.M.O., If the Bills had a top 10 D. they would probably be playing for a spot in the playoffs this weekend. With the right offseason moves, we could have a more complete Bills team next year. Even with the personell this year i would say they were at least compettitive in most of the games. I would give the credit to this coaching staff. Now it's up to the hierarchy.

Just thinking of all the players that the Bills let leave for whatever reason. Pat Williams; Winfield; Spikes; Clements; Molds; Fletcher; etc.; etc! How can this organization expect the young players to get mentored. The Bills Orginization is just not committed to winning. Every player who becomes of any worth ends up with another organization. Now this Organization has purged itself of every player that was a leader and/or a game changer. Who is left on this roster to lead this young team and teach these young players how to be leaders? It just irks me because this team could have all the pieces now. What hope is there that anything will change???

I know you said etc, but London Fletcher's name needed to be added to this as one of the notable ones that left.

Edited by Talley56

I know you said etc, but London Fletcher's name needed to be added to this as one of the notable ones that left.

I definately agree w.that. Fletcher was a biest! That was probably the end of the game changing LB core of the Bills. The Bills NEED to get back to that kind of thinking this offseason. Get some game changing LB's!! I think they need to do it now. Let Fitz grow with the offense and keep that core together. All Fitz needs to do is manage the games better and get better and more comfortable with his players. A healthy Evans will open up the offense more. The Bills defininately have what it takes on the outside. Let Evens be the man to go over the middle. The Bills do need to add a good TE. That would give Fitz more options when he needs to check down with a pass and more blocking overall. No matter what the situation, I think that would eliminate a lot of mistakes by Fitz. More pressure on the opposing QBs will lead to more turnovers and give the secondary more chances to make plays. This O proved it could put up points and make comebacks possible. May the Bills open up the wallet and make this team a contender. I do think Fitz will come into his own. Just a gut fealing.

I agree on aggressive linebacking for all the reasons mentioned. But isn't the key to have a defensive line that keeps their off line busy. That frees up the LB as far as run stop and short passing.

And we did grab Merriman even though i dont think many of us expected anything this year from him. That might work out nice. He did not showcase himself so no one wants him yet. He needs to prove himself this year. If Moats comes along and merriman can play we are only a couple of players away.

buy a Big 34 nose put kyle at end and draft the other end.

I can almost believe that we are going to get there sooner than later.

i can dream cant i?