Final Kodachrome processing facility coming to end

Beerball

link

The first was a railroad worker who had driven from Arkansas to pick up 1,580 rolls of film that he had just paid $15,798 to develop.

Jim DeNike, 53, loading a dozen boxes that contained nearly 50,000 slides into his old maroon Pontiac. He explained that every picture inside was of railroad trains and that he had borrowed money from his father’s retirement account to pay for developing them.

I hate to sound like the old fart that I am but it seems like just yesterday you had to wait a week to get your pictures developed and what you got however they came out. How many times to you get the whole roll back and none of them came out. Then they "invented" one hour photo developing. You still got a roll of crap sometimes but then it took only an hour. Now it's instant and you immediately dump the ones that don't look good and instead of passing around photos you pass around your phone.

I hate to sound like the old fart that I am but it seems like just yesterday you had to wait a week to get your pictures developed and what you got however they came out. How many times to you get the whole roll back and none of them came out. Then they "invented" one hour photo developing. You still got a roll of crap sometimes but then it took only an hour. Now it's instant and you immediately dump the ones that don't look good and instead of passing around photos you pass around your phone.

Oh yeah. Haven't seen one of these in a while...

http://news.webshots.com/photo/1086526102048217944fijIie

You could jump back to the Ozzy thread and start singing ... "Momma I'm coming home .."

Uh oh, dangerous clash of musical styles. Two extremely different songs in my head at the same time. Slight headache, wooziness... getting worse... feeling disoriented... pressure...

Great, now my mind is blown again.

Edited by gringo starr